Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down need more replies PLEASE!

I just posted this thread in the private forum but I wanted to post it again in here to see if I'd get some more answers.

So this morning I thought it was really weird that my daughter's stool looked looser than normal. I decided not to worry and just carried on. Well she just pooped for a second time today (not like her) and the stool was looser and a little yellow. There were some hard parts to it but it just looked odd. I decided to take her temp and it was 99.3. I'm so scared this is the start of a bug for her.

I'm FREAKING OUT right now. This cannot be happening. I can't deal with this. I can't be a mom to her if she's sick. I CANNOT HANDLE THIS IN THE SLIGHTEST BIT. I'M GONNA LOSE MY MIND! I'm the one who's changed all her diapers between yesterday and today without gloves. Of course I've washed my hands but that's obviously not gonna be enough. Her stool got on my hands. I'm obviously gonna get sick. I can't deal with this at all. This is a f**king nightmare.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Default Re: need more replies PLEASE!

Does she have a cold or anything? I know when my girls have colds or a little congestion they can have a little loose stools. Try and relax, just keep washing your hands and you will be fine. If it was sv* she would have v* by now. How is she acting?

No she doesn't have a cold. She seems to be acting fine... AHHHH IDK. This is making me crazy!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Im soooo sorry and I know exactly what your feeling. I have 3 kids and it does happen. If she were to vomit,...just walk away and act like you are getting a towel or cool cloth and let her finish. Thats what I have done with my kids when my husband was not here to help. Don't feel bad if you walk away when they get sick. Just let them think you are getting a rag and tell them its ok,...mommy will be right back. Durning that time away,...you will get just enough strength to do only what you need to do. You can also let her color while you start cleaning for folding clothes and just keeping busy away from her will help you more than anything. Don't feel bad as a mother doing this. Kids are brave.
    I have a 9 year old who has this phobia as well. That gets hard. She is being treated at Childrens Hospital with meds and counceling but as with me,....its a daily struggle. You will find just enough grace for this moment and that is all you will need. I will say a prayer for her and you right now!!!!!

Samantha

It's normal to have loose stool every once in a while. It doesn't have to be a bug at all! Sometimes the stomach just acts up, especially with young children. I wouldn't worry too much about it, to be honest. I hope she feels better soon! :-)

Children (everyone really) have loose stools from time to time. There's no way she could have a big without feeling sick. If she's acting fine, she really cant have a bug.