Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Vomit would be "ok", if not for the...

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Taste

4 5.80%
  • Smell

0 0%
  • Sensation (warmth, texture)

1 1.45%
  • Sight of it

2 2.90%
  • Feeling right before

29 42.03%
  • Sound

5 7.25%
  • Pain from retching

1 1.45%
  • Vomit is bad all the way around!

30 43.48%
  • Vomit only bothers me with others around

0 0%
  • Vomit doesn’t bother me

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

I am very interested in seeing other people's replies to this poll. It may be a bit graphic, but I think it will help us all to understand what it is about vomit that scaresemets; and how many feel the same way!
    Spring is here!

Ok all....I chose "taste" as my worst part. Although I no longer fear myself vomiting, I still just can't stand the taste!!!! That usually makes me vomit even more!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

id def have to say the nausea and panic are far far worse than anything else. Altho i cant stand the site and sound when it is someone else - at least i can control that and move away/block my ears.

if its me then it happens to quick to worry about sight/sound etc.

I hate the taste too - but since v*ing last year and being alone at 7am and having no mobile and no bottle of water and toothbrush - i just had to 'deal with it' - and i think its the burning afterwards in ur throat that makes the taste 'seem' worse if u know what i mean.....

ems x

I voted, but will explain my answer later. I have an appt. I have to get ready for.

I said feeling right before causeif i wasnt panicking or feeling sick right before then there wouldnt be much of a problem. Taste and smell is definately horrible but again if you wernt panicking then there be no problem.....i think

I chose "vomit is all around bad" because there are three things that I hate most: the taste, the smell and the sensation. Ugh.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I chose "bad all the way around" also, but I think the biggest problem I have with *v* is the lack of control that goes along with it.

Jess

I said "all around" too because I can't decide which one I hate most;
    the taste, the smell, the sight or the feeling right before.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Oh, I forgot it; I also hate the lack of control like Jesskali said. If
    I'm alone I can cope with it somehow but if there's people around, I
    dont want them to see me panicking and bolting.

Edited by: flying finn
    Alussa oli suo, kuokka ja Jussi.
    - Väinö Linna

I voted the feeling right before. I really hate it all around, but that's probably the worst part.
    -Anna

i voted twice, because in truth, i can't put my finger on the worst aspect of vomiting.
    Honestly, I despise the sensation you feel beforehand (who doesn't), but the worst aspect for me would have to be the taste *shudder*
    yeh, that and the whole "out-of-body" experience who get with throwing up. Maybe that's just what we phobics feel. But i know that i feel completely disoriented when iv either been sick, or if im really feeling bad.
    there are also loads of extra things i hate with it.. like the loss of control etc..but im more scared of the physicality of it.

i put "the feeling right before", but really, it's the feeling of not knowing when it could happen that scares me. not having control over if i v* or not really scares me. I hate things i can't control, especially that. so that feeling right before is a feeling i get all the time, even when i'm not going to get sick. i hate it because i never know when it's real. am i just freaking out or am i really going to v*? there's no way to know until it happens and i hate that so much!
    -<-(@
    Kira
    -<-(@

I put the feeling right before, as sometimes I wonder if I have a phobia of VOMIT or if its a phobia of NAUSEA. Hmm..

Definitely the sound for me.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Wow....lots of different aspects! So do you guys think you could handle it like a nonemet if it weren't for what you chose?? (except for "hate it all the way around" group) [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I had to vote twice, that's how much I hate it!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I voted for '<LABEL for=P229>Vomit is bad all the way around!' everything about it scares the hell out of me[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]</LABEL>

Quote Originally Posted by charzysbebe
    Wow....lots of different aspects! So do you guys
    think you could handle it like a nonemet if it weren't for what you
    chose?? (except for "hate it all the way around" group) [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte

I definatly could handle it find if not for the feeling right before. However I still would fear others throwing up.

For me, I mostly fear others vomiting, but I think that it's the sound that scares me the most. It just sounds so horrid. But I do also fear the feeling just be before you do it. But usually I don't worry about that untill it happens. I am constantly worrying if someone around me is going to do it though, because I won't be prepared, I alway have to plug my ears.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>

Has to be that feeling just before hand - the build up of nausea...everything is BAD but that is prob slightly worse for me that the rest....
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

I had been giving this alot of thought, and came up with a pretty good conclusion for me. I wanted to try and understand my fear, break it down so that maybe little by little I can conquer it. (I AM PRAYING)

Ok so I fear myself V*****, and others.. but the reason I fear others is becasue I fear that seeing that/ or hearing will then make me V**.. As it is now, it makes my stomach turn, when I hear it, and see it. The smell is bad, but I can hold mynose and move on..So I voted for the Sound..

Christy