Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Kids First Birthday

Hi Everyone,

My daughter is turning one in just over the 2 months and i am petrified of having a birthday for her, i am going to have one, because i don;t want her to miss out on this because of my fear that is not fair, but how do i do this, i have heard so many stories about birthday parties being a germ fest for gastro..........

Can i hold my daughter all day?

I would like to ask everyone to bring there own childrens favourite toys so hers dont get slobbered on, is this ok though? What have you done, unfortunately her birthday is in the middle of winter so the only option is for indoor, and i guess at my house....... but all this stuff is freaking me out.......

i can already feel the tension in my stomach.....

Default Re: Kids First Birthday

I feel like bday parties for one year olds should involve the parents and grandparents, and maybe aunts and uncles that are close to the baby, and that's it. Every single baby bday party I've been obliged to go to ends in the baby FREAKING OUT because they're overwhelmed and they have to be put to bed. After the last one, my husband and I were like "Let's never do this to our child." Your daughter isn't going to remember any of it, why not just celebrate with close family, take some cute pictures of her with cake, and call it a low-stress day!
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

I forgot in the email but you would buy some cheap toys from the $2 dollar shop and have them out for the toddlers to play with and make sure all her are packed away then you can let them take one home with them lol

I agree with the above post, just have a family day, your baby is not going to remember the occasion no theres no need for a big party with other kids. My daughter had family parties until she started school then we held them in a local hall and hired magicians etc each year, that way its not in your home (i didnt want 30 little kids in my house). This year was her 15th and i had 87 teenagers in my house and garden and yes i was completely freaking out the whole week before worrying someone would bring a virus in or someone would throw up through drinking too much but the night turned out to be brilliant, had 2 pukers but they did it in the garden! Good luck.

I had a birthday party for my daughters first birthday a couple of months back but what we did is have an 'open house' and only invited select people (family and a couple of her baby 'friends'). It was from 1-5pm and we had a constant stream of visitors dropping in throughout the day staying for a cupcake and a drink just to wish her a happy birthday, then heading off again, so it wasn't too many people all at once which might have been overwhelming for her. It was a really nice day and she loved it as it was just a small handful of people at any one time.

If you're worried about toys in mouths and stuff, you could just keep out all her plastic/washable toys and afterwards, put them in a tub of Milton (or equivalent) for 15 mins and any germs will be sterilized off.

I know how you feel! I agree with the above posts about just family. Little ones do tend to get overwhelmed, so just grandparents and aunts and uncles! I always just clean my house like a mad woman when it is over too.

Hi Everyone, Thanks so much for your support and advice, I really like the idea of the 'drop in' and i also like the idea of just having a family day...... i think the idea of the cheapie toys from the $2 shop!

thanks heaps

Patchie
    ox