Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question I am a Christian struggling. Anyone else?

Hello, my name is Julianna. I'm 17 and have had this phobia ever since I can remember. It used to be really bad a year ago, I wouldn't eat, and dropped 10 pounds. During the past few months, I've grown tremendously close to God. Having faith in Jesus Christ has helped with my fears a lot to where I can eat and not obsess over it every minute of the day. However, I still think about it often, it's so annoying. I want to have faith it God and be made fearless in Him. I pray about this all of the time, but it scares me that the only way I'll truly be able to get over this someday is to actually v*. It's like I'm afraid to not be afraid, I'm afraid to get over it. I don't know who to talk to, all of my Christian friends live in Borrego Springs 2 hours away from me, and I attend a public school where I don't really have anyone to talk to. I know the whole point of this fear is to put yourself outside of your comfort zone, so I know it's a good thing to be alone, not clinging on to what makes you feel safe. But if I could at least have someone to talk to on here who understands... I don't want to live with this forever! But yet I'm afraid to take any more steps to recovery...
    Thank you to anyone who reads this, and please let me know if you have prayer requests. Thank you.

Default Re: I am a Christian struggling. Anyone else?

Hi Julanna!! You are not alone. I am a believer as well. I dailyhave to trust our God and cling to his unfailing promises. I have dealt with this issue for 25 years. I am 29 now.don't be afraid to take recovery steps. Feel free to talk to me about your fears anytime you need to .-anytime day or night!

Hi!
    I'm a christian too and I posted this great video http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch/i-quit/3

This is a great site and I have watched many a teachings from here but this one about fear is wonderful. I rely on my faith too to help me through and it really does help. If you ever want to chat feel free to pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Julianna, I'm Christian too and turning to God's word (what He says about fear and healing and renewing the mind) has helped me, and continues to help me, tremendously. I will pray for you.

Hi...I have recommended this book just recently but will repeat it here for you. It's called "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It's a devotional book from the perspective of Jesus talking to you. It's VERY comforting and encouraging. Lots of stuff on worry, anxiety, fear, etc. Highly recommend it!!! Take care and God Bless!

Wow, thank you guys so much! I really didn't think anyone would reply to my post, I've never really used this site before. I feel very blessed knowing there are people willing to support me in my faith and help in time of need And also, thank you for the recommendations, I will check out that book and video. My prayers go out to all of you!

Im catholic....But its similar! lol i'll pray for you!