Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Are you addicted to Giner-Ale?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 50.00%
  • No

13 50.00%

Post Are you also addicted to Ginger-Ale?

I find that having ginger ale helps my nausea. So if I have 10 dollars and i'm out of both smokes AND ginger ale. I wouldn't even stop to think, i'd be buying ginger ale first. If I don't I freak out.

Default Re: Are you also addicted to Ginger-Ale?

I voted yes, only because I love ginger ale. I'm not "addicted" to it because of emetophobia. It does calm down my tummy though - but not the diet gingerale - the artificial sweetner in that makes me nausous... as does anything with artificial sweetener. And it gives me diarrhea. TMI maybe lol sorry.

I voted no...but really I'm not yet. I bought some ga last night and isn't ginger suppose to be an ingredient? I was just reading the label and seen everything listed that would be in normal soda and no ginger listed.

I've never had gingerale...or ginger. Probably why my tummy feels icky a lot of the time... I don't know. I can't seem to calm it down with Pepto...and it normally takes 45-60 minutes for a Phenergan to kick in for me...
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's my fav soda, esp when ice cold. I don't think it helps my nausea at all. For that I drink ginger tea. Or just go straight to the source and slice up some ginger root and steep it in hot water.

Anything Ginger is a staple in my house! But it has to be REAL ginger!

Ginger Ale helps my n* too but that exactly why Im NOT addicted to it. When I was little and got sick my mom would always give me ginger ale so I assiciated the soda with the v*. For the longest time I couldnt even smell the stuff without being reminded of v* and then, in turn feeling n*. Though during that time I would still drink it if I had the sv. Recently I've been trying to change that. Now I can smell it without freaking out and sometimes I can even sip it but I still havent been able to drink a whole glass.

Ginger ale used to be a "comfort food" for me. In my teenage years, when my emet began, I couldn't sleep at night without a glass of ginger ale next to my bed!

I read the other day that there`s no real ginger in ginger ale, only flavouring, so I guess any anti- nausea properties that it has are just a placebo, anyway, I doubt if I`ll bother buying it again after reading that.

I hate soda and pretty much drink nothing but water and some juice. The carbonation alone just makes me sick. Blah.

Ginger Tea...YES

I'm thinking I'm addicted to Ginger Ale, but it's cuz I really love the taste. I've loved it since a little kid! Especially with a little cranberry juice mixed in. Mmmm, so good!

For nausea I love it too, but I drink it all the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

I'm not addicted to Ginger Ale, but definitely am to ginger pills. I pop those things like candy. I also have ginger candy. And ginger tea. But hey, it works and it's safe, why not? I use those first and only use something stronger if the ginger doesn't help (which it almost always does).

I'm not addicted to it but I love it! Not even because it helps with nausea, I just think it tastes good!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-