Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So proud of myself!!!

Last night I ate bad mozzarella. It was on fries and I was dipping it so to me it tasted fine.. I went to sleep at my boyfriends house and about an hour later I woke up feeling like I was going to have D* (number 2). As I was son the toilet, nothing was happening and then the N* came on fast and strong. I got up and just leaned over the sink and basically waited. I kept feeling the movement in my stomach and chest like something terrible was about to happen...
    normally when this happens I'm at home and I wake up my mom and she helps me (I'm 22 but I'm a baby when it comes to this) but I wasn't home and my boyfriend wakes up at 5am so I could bother him...
    My heart was pounding and I was trembling, and my mouth was dry, but I just told myself to breath and calm down and relax. I just kept thinking, if it happens it happens, ill be fine and I actually did calm down. I almost wanted it to happen just to prove to myself I'd be ok. I just waited and eventually the feeling subsided and when I was able to drive I went home. I made it through that ordeal. I did wake up my mom but I was so proud of myself for being able to handle that all by myself.
    I think that's the key... I just tried to think rationally, and it worked.

Default Re: So proud of myself!!!

Omg, thats amazing! You should be SOO proud of your self! Congrats! :-D Very inspirational. I tend to think "If it's going to happen, it's going to happen" as well. I'm so proud of you! Take this experience and remember it the next time you feel n*! You can do it! :-)

x

WOW THAT IS SOOOOO GREAT! you should be soooo proud! WELL DONE!

You're really brave! Well done!

well done! i really feel proud to hear that emet sufferers CAN try and get through difficult times xxx

Great job! You should definately be proud!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-