Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hunger and v*

Default Hunger and v*

For some reason I have got it into my head that before getting s* with noro or otherwise you feel really hungry and eat loads that day. I don't know when this idea got into my head or where I got it from but is there any truth behind it? It always scares me when I feel really hungry and can't stop eating, even though I know there are many other things that cause it....

So is there any truth behind my thoughts? or am I just being crazy

Thanks x

Default Re: Hunger and v*

I got this idea from this website. Quite a few people on here have written about how they've suddenly felt very hungry, before coming down with a bug. Perhaps they are mistaken, and the hunger was not related to them being unwell. Whenever I've been ill, I've lost my appetite; I even had to turn away when a food advert came on TV. Loss of appetite is one of the main symptoms with a stomach virus. I don't know; I'd like to hear some opinions also. I'm like you; if I feel hungrier than I normally do, I'll start panicking.

I`ve never felt hungry with a sv, quite the reverse, but I do seem to get very hungry when I`m coming down with a cold, I`ve no idea why.

Ive never felt hungry with a SV either. As much as a i can remember from the last time, i know i wasnt hungry the night before and didnt eat any dinner. the next morning i got sick. i was little then, and i never skipped meals...i was pretty regular with eating. so something was up, and it was that. I always get super hungry before i get a cold too!! Even before i got the regular flu several years ago, i got soo hungry and all these cravings. its weird!

i dont think so, maybe that rare few have it

and plus if you have a bug i dont think the first symptom is to make you feel hungry

I think maybe you get hungry before a cold because your body knows the immune system is going to put up a fight, and you need extra nutrients so it can work more efficiently. But when I had noro, even the thought of food made my stomach turn. In fact, that's one of the ways I test myself. If I'm ill, I make myself eat a biscuit or something. If I can eat it (which is probably 99 times out of 100) then I'm just hungry, or it's indigestion, or Crohn's pain, so I can safely ignore it and go about my day. If I can't eat it, then I know I'm genuinely ill and need to stay home!

i used to think this and sometimes still kinda do. but now i know im safe if i feel hungry because like everyone else said, the thought of eating anything when you hve a stomach bug is really off putting. and i know that my tummy is happy and healthy if its asking for food.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.