Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Fainting and v*ing

So I faint quite often. The worst part about it is that 9 times out of 10 I cannot tell the difference between about to v* or about to faint!! They both feel exactly the same until I actually faint!

Does anyone else experience this if you have ever fainted? Any advice on how to tell the difference? I faint at least once every 2 weeks and I think I just make it worse panicking that I'm going to vomit. I think I could avoid fainting most of the time if I didn't get so worked up! haha

Thanks guys!

Default Re: Fainting and v*ing

I've never fainted, but my sister has quite a few times. She says it doesn't feel like nausea or v-ing; she said everything goes black, and you feel as if you're falling through air without landing. Do you faint because of anxiety? If so, you should see your doctor; you may need some medication to help get it under control.

I faint due to a heart condition. There's really not much I can do to get it under control unfortunately. Not until we figure out how to .... i guess... fix my heart?! haha

When I faint I start out by feeling heavy headed, then cold, then shaky, then n* and my mouth goes dry. Then I go black and wake up on the floor :P it's not fun. But I really wouldn't dread it so much if it didn't feel like v*ing!!!

Aww, I'm sorry, that sounds rough. If you've never been sick from it, I doubt you ever will.

I've fainted a few times and then someone told me that you can v* before it happens which scared me! It is a horrible feeling though. I once fainted in front of about 30 people at work one time :-/ and I barely knew any of them.

it's possible you feel nauseous when you faint because your blood pressure is taking a crazy drop! just because you have the nausea though doesn't mean you will—if you haven't chances are very good that it's not a part of your fainting!

I`ve felt very faint a few times when I was younger, but I always managed to avoid actually passing out by putting my head between my knees, that`s the recomended treatment for dizziness. I often felt very nauseaous when this happened, but I never actually vted. I have often wondered why people feel like vting when they feel faint, as it makes it even more scary.

I have fainted once and when I came to I had vertigo and began to v*. It was the most frightening experience ever. I was standing in the kitchen at the stove and began to feel light headed and very hot. I took a gulp of juice I had on the counter and just fainted. I don't know why that happened and I'm scared it could happen again someday out in public or anytime. I felt like I was going to die and feeling so uncomfortable in my own body. After that happened I ate dinner but still shook up.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

i fainted in the middle of claires accessories after i got my ear pierced i had never fainted before so it was terrifying i got to the counter and thought omg im about to v* should i rush outside but then i actually said im going to faint and *boom*.
    ...The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step

I fainted during a blood test! Was feeling extremely nauseous and there was a soft ringing in my ears. My chest felt really heavy. Before I knew it I passed out. The strangest part of the whole ordeal was that, upon "waking" up, my heart rate was incredibly slow (at least 20 beats per minute) and I was so, so cold. I remember saying, "my heart, my heart." It was horrible.
    i'm a good kid, just misguided.