Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

ok well this week has been good for me, until today. last 2 days my ibs has been playing up. was bad this morning then cleared up, however i was left with the worse pain in my abdomen. its nothing at all like ibs pain, i can actually pin point where it is in my stomach. its down really low, on my left side. its kinda where you would imagine your ovaries to be. the pain has been getting worse throughout the day and now its almost unbearable. my mum said shes going to take me to a and e in the morning if its no better.

i thought it was appendicitis at first, but its on the wrong side.

im terrified now because a girl i used to work with had pain which she described as exactly the same as this. she had it for 2 days, then that night at work she kept V* continously and had to be rushed to hospital. it turned out she had a cyst on her ovarie which had burst.

im terrified now, what if i have something similar? what if it makes me v*? please somebody talk me outta this

I had the same kind of pain that you are describing. My pain was in my lower abdomen and it was sometimes shooting pains, or a gnawing pain. I was also feeling very nausous all the time. I finally went to the doctor, and she thought it was a cyst on my ovary. So I had an ultrasound done on my pelvis, and they found nothing. So the next week I had an ultrasound on my abdomen, and they found my left kidney to be very enlarged. It was not filtering any urine at all. Needless to say, since Novemeber I have been having kidney problems, so many tests done, and know surgery next Wedesday! To put your mind at ease, I did not v* one time. V* is one of the symptoms, and I never did once! And it turns out I have a birth defect in my kidney, and this has been going on for 26years.

I suggest you go to the doctors, and find out what is going on. It could be nothing, or your body is telling you something. And just remember just because your friend v* does not mean you will. I never did the whole time I have been sick. Everyones body reacts in a different way. Just try to calm down, try not to self diagnose (that is what I did for months), and see the doctor. It could be just stress. But don't wait until it is too late! I hope you feel better.

Michele

Try and not panic , and most of Relax, on Jan 6 I was taken to the ER for the same pain, and it was a ovarian cyst that had busrt, I nevrt did V**, I just could not stand up, and it was very uncomfortable. This was on my right side, and I have another cyst on the left side, and it is about 2 CM, they are a concern when they are 5 CM or more. Try and stay calm, we are here if you need to talk.. Please keep us posted.. Christy

the pain is still getting worse and worse. its strange, it can pin point exactly where the pain is, its in an area no larger than a large coin, eg 50pence peice. its a very sharp constant pain. im feeling ok inmyself, i dont feel ill. i do feel nauseated but im pretty sure its caused by anxiety. i dont have a temperature however im pretty pale which once again could be anxiety. i know i shouldnt try to self diagnose, if its no better i will see a doctor. i study biology and being emet, i cant help it! thank you for your help

Just remember if the pain gets too unbearable or you start running a fever go to the ER. Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like you really should see a doctor. Let us know how you're doing.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

What you are describing is how I feel um, a week or so before I get my
    period, like almost a 'chilling' sharp, knife, pain. I think its fairly
    common, but I would still strongly suggest you see a doctor, as its
    better safe than sorry. I am almost positive you won't v*, its going to
    be ok. A lot will be anxiety, so try just to distract yourself. Feel
    better and let us know how your doing!

its morning now and the pains still here. i dont think its something todo with period pain. im on the depo shot and have been for a while so havent had any periods or period pains. im going to relax for a bit today and if it gets no better i will goto the walk in center. thank you

Let us know how you're doing. I hope you feel better and if you don't, I hope you see a doctor. It's probably not serious, but it's better to get checked out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aw well I do hope you start feeling better soon!

How are you feeling? Did you go to the doctors?

hiya today the pain got so bad that i gave in and allowed my mum to take me to the nhs walk in center. i had to wait over and hour and the waiting room was torture; full of kids running around coughing etc. when i was finally called in the dr felt my stomach etc and said she thought i had ovarian cysts because of where the pain was located. she then asked for a water sample and it turns out i have a really nasty kidney infection! its so strange, i have no pain in my kidneys or when i go pee. she gave me some strong antibiotics but she said it will be a few days beforei notice a difference. she also said to not drink any fizzy drinks or coffee and to stck to fruit juice especially cranberry juice for a week.

thank you for all your advise, it really helped me. im proud of myself for going to the walk in center

I am so glad you decided to go to the doctors! Now you will start feeling better in a couple of days. See it wasn't your ovaries at all, but your kidneys. The same thing happened with me. It goes to show you that you should never self diagnosis, but instead listen to your body, and just go to the doctor. Congradulations on going to the doctor, hope you feel better soon.

Glad you went to the doctor and everything is ok. May I offer one bit of advice that wasn't given to me when I had my kidney infection. After about a day or two on the antibiotics, when your kidneys start to function normal again, now this may not be everyone, but my pee was NEON ORANGE....can I tell you how that freaked me out.

I called my doctor in a panic (she's great with me by the way, and all my neurotic tendencies) and started laughing and said she forgot to warn me that might happen, its normal and nothing to freak out about, just all the backed up toxins making their way out.

Also don't be surprised if you crank a pretty good fever and are exhausted for a few days. Kidney infections are a pain, literally....

Feel better.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

thanks for that advise, if it happened to me without me hearing that from you, i would be in a panic! i feel even worse today and i had to call in sick at work. they wont be happy with me because i pulled a sicky last sunday because i had an exam on monday and wanted more time to cram. i had a bad night last night, i barely slept bevcause my brother (15) was coughing and heaving very loudly all night. its his fault his ill, he goes out in the cold and rain in just a t shirt because he thinks it makes him look tough. its just not very fair that im ill but i cant get any sleep because his is self inflicted.