Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety causing Nausea? anyone else? (NOT graphic)

I use to get crippling headaches due to my anxiety. Then all of a sudden a few weeks ago i think instead of headaches I think my anxiety is causing me to feel sick instead. I really hope i'm not the only one experiencing this. Its causing my emet to get even worse and i dont know what to do. I have completely lost my appetite and my mom is starting to think i am anorexic.
    Do Anti-Anxiety meds work? I want to try it, but i dont want to be stuck to medicine for the rest of my life.
    Im just so frustrated with having emetophobia.
    Please some input

Default Re: Anxiety causing Nausea? anyone else? (NOT graphic)

Anxiety can definitely cause nausea. I do think that anxiety medication would help ease that. Perhaps try the medication while getting some help in the form of some kind of therapy, if you can, and then try to come off it once you've had some therapy. I've heard of some of my friends doing that kind of thing, and it seems to work fairly well for them

Oh yes, I don't really get headaches from my anxiety at all, always nausea. Everyday.
    I am positive you are just experiencing nausea from your anxiety, although its uncomfortable, its normal and you'll be okay.
    Do you have any Dramamine? That seems to help quite a few people a lot. I know it helps me.
    Also, get an array of ginger. Ginger ale, ginger teas, ginger candies...anything with ginger in it settles the stomach.
    Try those out, and feel better!

n is my main anxiety symptom.......i'd prefer a headache lol.....
    prozac has helped me tons with my anxiety and obsessiveness about v...........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Whenever I get anxious is manifests itself in nausea. You definite are NOT alone! A few tricks are to think of where the nausea is. If it is around the belly button area or lower, it's most likely anxiety (either that or you need to poop) and there is no way you'll get sick from it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Yep, I've pretty much been nauseous for the past 13 years.

Im just glad its not just me. i was starting to worry that i have a permanent stomach bug.
    I hoping my therapist will be able to shed some light on this situation.
    Thanks everyone for sharing! =]

After I have come to a true admittance that I am Emet, I have been able to understand and control my anxiety much more. My doctor has given me Adivan for my immediate anxiety attacks, because my anxiety attacks usually caused nausea as well. Most of the time my anxiety attacks we cause by my fear of nausea/Emit issues. So they both went hand-in-hand. When I finally started talking about my issues with Emet I noticed myself able to control my anxiety better. The Adivan that my dr prescribed me is wonderful. It takes your anxiety away almost immediately, without making you feel like you are on drugs. It is tame enough to continue doing your daily stuff, but will help control the anxiety. I would recommend asking your doctor about this. I also talked my doc into giving me some anti-nausea pills once, which work wonderful. You can always get anti-nausea pills over-the-counter as well, just avoid the ones that make you drowsy (which usually made me feel nauseous). Just remember, we all need to grab ahold of ourselves and tell us that we have the control of how our body reacts. Breath, Relax, Think Positive. Hope this help, as I am new to this site, and have found much comfort in now knowing how many of us are out there with this problem.

~MissAckerman

If you've had stomach issues for a long time, I'd suggest getting tested for food allergies/intolerances or celiac. I didn't develop my emet until after I was sick with Celiac disease and now it's consuming my life.

Yeah it causes n* for me. Its not fun, but the method i like to use is the distraction method. When i start to feel like this, i just shift my focus to something else, like the sounds around me, the sights, the smells and the other sensations i feel. Beleive it or not, it does work!

thanks everyone. And i have tried the focusing on something else. and it does work! but for me it only works for a few seconds then i start to focus on my breathing and that will work for a minute or two. idk. i just wish there was a quick fix for this problem.

it deffinatley causes n* for me, which makes me feel more worried that im going to be sick