Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm freaking out, I was going to fix some spaghetti--and I put pepperoni in the sauce when I fix it. I bought some pepperoni links at the store last night and tonight I was cutting it up to put in the sauce, while I was cutting it I took a bite of it, then I looked at the package and the USE BY date was JUNE 14 2004!!!

Holy hell, when was the last time you cleaned out your fridge? :P

Oh duh, I see you bought it with that date on it. I'd say it was a missprint, I get food like that all the time.

I agree with you kate, its got to be a misprint. I always thoughtthat pepporoni is one of those meats thatare cured, making it good for a long period of time. Anyways, if you only took onebite, and it didn't taste rancid,I would try (I know its impossibe) not to worry, I would think you would need more than just a bite to make you sick. I would defenintly take that pepporoni back to the store though!

I know its not exactly the same, but my family makes sausage the same way, hung to dry and it can last us at least 2 years, if not more, but with one bite I really wouldn't worry about it. Just don't eat any more because you need to bring it back and give someone hell if it isn't a misprint, of course!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

oh gosh that is gross Donna, how did it taste? No blue?

It's a cured meat, I really don't know what could actually go bad in there, as it's mostly lips and a-holes and filler, sorry...[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] You should be fine. That store better be cleaning off its shelves more often because if it were dairy or cheese or something, that'd be nasty.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Eww my god!! I'm sure its a mis print...its gotta be! Im sorry I don't
    have anything to say, I'm just so shocked! But then again, I ate
    popsicles that were over 2 years expired so...

It definetley has to be a mis-print, legally I don't think that stores can keep food that long in their freezer, they have to sell it by a certain date or throw it out. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Try not to worry!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

[QUOTE=2jo2]It's a cured meat, I really don't know what could actually go bad in there, as it's mostly lips and a-holes and filler, sorry...[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

I just fell out laughing when I read that...now y'all see why I like veg food....

So how are you doing now?? Feeling ok? I would have been pissed off if I had seen that!! Man...someone did something wrong...somewhere!! I would take it back to the store and give them a mouthful! Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Well, it's been 12 hrs. since I took the bite--I haven't been sick or anything, so hopefully I will be ok!!!

It definitely wasn't a misprint--it had just been there that long. I called the store and pitched a fit, I told them I was pregnant and didn't need to be poisoning my baby and me! I would have taken it back last night, but of course we were having a snow storm so we couldn't go anywhere!!

I didn't eat anything last night after that experience, but I got brave this morning and am having a bowl of cereal.

You are okay. I remember my boyfriend had fish from a resturant where we live and he was so sick, puking like crazy from 2am right to 6pm that night. We later learned that there freezer wasn't working up to code and that is why! I was angry! I found out from a friend who waitressed there. I called the health unit. That is very dangerous!!! You are okay, if he you were not ill last night then you are fine

I really just want to sue the grocery store for my mental anguish!!!