Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety/Nausea Worse In Morning

Is anyone else most or more anxious or have more stomach upset in the morning when they first get up?

The last two days I am very anxious when I get up and have to take Xanax right away. I'm trying to hold off on taking a Zofran right away but it's difficult.

I wonder if it's the anticipation of the day, knowing I have to go to work and act "normal"?

Default Re: Anxiety/Nausea Worse In Morning

Hmm. Interesting, I'm the opposite. My worst time is normally last thing at night and I am much better when I first wake up. This could be due to getting up slowly as I set my alarm for half a hour before I need to get up, I find this helps relax things whereas if I have to wake up and get up straight away I tend to feel n*, I think this is because of the sudden change from horizontal to vertical. I'm sorry you are experiencing this *hugs*

I never feel good in the morning. It seems I always have an upset stomach. But I usally do feel ok on the weekends when I don't have to go to work. I think mine is just anxiety from my job. I dread going in everyday. I just hate it. So most mornings I feel sick.

I've been feeling sick and anxious every morning too. At first I was convinced that I was pregnant again but I'm not. It really is just anxiety. Sometimes just thinking about everything you have to do in one day might seem a little overwhelming and that could cause it. Or maybe you were thinking about something stressful before bed and it's still lingering when you wake up. It could be anything.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Thanks everyone, it's not fun I know that!