Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So, I find out on December 29th that my husband has been abusing vicodin. Addicted to it and needs to go into drug rehab. I had NO idea that he was doing this. Addicts function and hide this very well. He left on January 3 and I have been left to take care of my home, my daughter, my dogs, his practice and my new business. I immediately go into major anxiety mode. Anxiety from the situation whcih I know will get better but MAJOR emet anxiety. The rehab anxiety starts about 4 in the afternoon which gives me a knot in my stomach and then then the emet axiety sets in. I weighed 118 lbs. before he left. I now weigh 109. I kinda like the weight loss. It does make me feel crappy when I work out because I am weak from no food. I love my workouts so that pushes me to eat during the day. But I like being this skinny. But I realize I have to start eating because I don't want to lose more, I am setting a bad example for my 10 year old daughter, and I need energy. But I haven't eaten any real food in almost 30 days. I have been living on yogurt, crackers, bread, some cheese and candy. I now feel if I eat something semi normal it will give me a stomachache. I think I am in a bad vicious cycle. I know what I need to do, eat a small amount of food at a time to ease myself into it, calm down, think positive. But I am just beside myself with anxiety. My husband is coming home in 3 days and I think it will help a lot.This is a hard time of the year for us emets and these circumstances make it even harder.

Thanks for listening.

hmmm well as an anorexic, about to be bunged into hospital... i can tell you, you need to get back onto proper food, AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

slowly build up what you eat... set urself out a plan for the week.. where the amount of food is increasing evry day...

make urself feel good about spending time with ur daughter or some other accomplishment other than losing weight... cos losing weight = unhealthiness wen ur already relatively slim. unhealthiness = more vulnerable to illnesses.

im so weak atm i cant even type on my laptop nemore (hence why i hvent written here for ages). the muscles in my arms and legs e.t.c are being eaten by my own body. even my brain. my heart is getting very very weak and is aching with shooting pains and missing beats e.t.c.... this is not a good place to be... TRUST ME.

please just try and increase ur food, SOMEHOW. don't do it to urself.

Jen xxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know what you are going through cassiefp I lost tons of weight due to my emet. I was 115lbs, now I am only 94lbs and to top it off I'm 5'8. I was on the same diet you were on, bread, crackers, cheese and snack foods. You need to start eating regular food. It is hard in the beginning, but just eat 6 small meals a day, I found that this has been helping. I was always confusing my stomach hunger pains for nausea, but the whole time it was my body telling me to start eating. In the beginning it may be hard to eat normally, so start slow, and you will realize that eating actually make you feel better. Good Luck, and Eat!

I've been in this situation so many times before. I used to weigh about 112 and then dropped down to 92 pounds for my wedding. I think I probably weigh about 100 now. It would have been more until my husband brought up divorce. See post: What stress does to me. I replied to it. It's hard at first to try to go back into a normal eating pattern, but you will get back on track. Just take one day at a time. It is hard. You have to work at it slowly even if you have to take little small bites of your meal at a time. You WILL feel so much better. Take care.

Hopefully your anxiety level will subside when your husband returns, hopefully he is well. I know what you go thru with the "Emetrexia" I tend to drop weight when I starve for a week when the bug is in my home. And truthfully the only thing that keeps me sane is the fact that i like that i feel thin during that week. But I also feel very weak and nauseated due to no real food in my system and always feel better when I can eat something normal. I tend to have a light english muffin for dinner. I do want to get help with my eating disorder but I feel that I would be lost with out the preoccupation in my mind about food. I love thinking about how little to eat, I love to be able to wear a size 6 and I love to weigh myself and see the scale at 120. I feel like with out my thiness there is nothing to look forward to.

Start with chicken, I swear, it works, and if not chicken, the a subway chicken or turkey sub, thats how I slowly started eating again, those 2 things especially are very light, and you can eat as little or as much as you want!

Let us know how things go, and with your hubby as well!

Sonia