Haven't posted here in a while because I've been through a LOT in the past year (not good) but I'm convinced that it has been for the best, and only increased my determination to beat the evil that is emetophobia....I always enjoy the positive posts here, so here's my contribution to those

Because of my phobia (fear of self/others v*ing), I was not sure if I would ever be able to be pregnant. I also worried about being able to work/keep a job with morning sickness. After 2 years of worrying, I went to therapy for 6 months, which helped. Last May, I got pregnant, and felt scared about the sickness to come. But the sickness never came - at almost 6 weeks I had a miscarriage. I collapsed on my bed, sobbing for the entire day. The experience convinced me that my worries about "being sick" were so very trivial in the grand scheme of things. And that no stupid phobia would get in my way of having a child...

Fast forward nearly a year. I am now 8 and a half weeks pregnant!!! For three weeks I have endured "morning" (or shall we say, morning noon and night :P) sickness, which for me has been lingering moderate nausea. However, despite my fears, I have coped through self-care. In the middle of the night and early morning when I wake up nauseous, I have a small snack of saltines and ginger ale. Yes, I've had 2 close calls (to v*ing) but emetrol and toast and jam worked wonders! AND I have not missed a single day of work/needed to leave my job (one of my biggest fears) in spite of it all - I even just got back from working on a Sunday (!!!).

More than a year ago, I would never, ever have imagined being able to do this. The experience has shown me that we emetophobes do not know what we are truly capable of until we just let go and go for it!!!