Quote Originally Posted by MakeHerProud View Post
YES! I got a norovirus from a friend just last year and I spent about three hours lying in bed. Three times, I started getting really bad cold sweats and was shaking. I didn't realize that this was my bodies way of telling me to vomit. Then on the fourth and fifth time, I burped really loudly and THAT was when I figured out what was happening. But I had no difficulty holding it down at all...it just required some serious concentration and "mind over matter" thoughts. After those two times, I stopped getting the cold sweats and I felt a lot better despite having not vomited. I woke up the next day and went to Six Flags. This was actually before I had emetophobia, I just didn't like vom-ing. Glad I survived It brings me a lot of comfort to know that I can hold it down even if I had norovirus. This was the first time in thirteen years that I had even caught a bug.
That is truly inspirational that your mind overcame the matter and that you prevented V* from happening. The problem with me is that i got the norovirus last Christmas, and once I felt the nausea/sweats/shaking, i got a panic attack in addition to all the nausea... which made it hard to calmly focus =/. I ended up doing the evil deed of V, because i couldn't fight my body's urge to V well enough. Prior to that, i hadn't V in 18 years. Maybe i was just lucky to not have caught any stomach bugs during those 18 years.