Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: cruise ships

If I hear of one more cruise ship that has an outbreak of Norwalk I'm gonna lose it. I would never consider going on a cruise after what was going on in 2002, and now this year. That scares me to death![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

It's bad this year too?

I have not heard. I would not go on a cruise either!

I would NEVER go on a cruise for the basic fact that I might get sea sick even though I never have been sea sick!!!! Thankfully my husband hates cruises too!

What cruise line is having an outbreak now? I have some friends that are on a cruise now. They are supposed to come see us next week too, I sure dont want them bringing any un-wanted visitors to my house .......

I am with all of you, I would never go on a cruise just for the fact of possible v*. I would feel so trapped, in the middle of the ocean. My sister is going on one in March, and she is so excited, and she doesn't understand why I hate them so much.

I actually went on a cruise this year..it was the expierience of a lifetime..of course 2 days after i got home i discovered i had emetophobia and started my downward spiral...but the cruise was amazing didnt see or hear about one person v'ing
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

I hear you 2jo2, I heard it to, I am beginning to hate the news. In Canada here they were saying that a number of people came down with an illness while vacationing somewhere like Puerto Rico or somewhere, not sure if it was a virus or contaminated water or food. They got there money back if they can provide a doctor's note. I haven't been out of the country and nor will I.

Is it the Carnival line again or something like that? I HATE that line, my friend got really sick on it. After that, I swore never to take a cruise again.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

The latest was a Holland America cruise. I don't think it's as bad as 2002, but I've heard of 4 or 5 ships in the last few weeks.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

It's not only the cruise ships, there was an outbreak in the Dominican too. I have to plan a honeymoon for this september, like I wanna go anywhere after all these outbreaks!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Can't say I blame ya. I'm not big on boats anyhow tho so I dont' knwo that I would have gone on one w/o any outbreaks. It makes me nervous being out int he middle of the ocean.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

more than anything else I'm afraid of water to the depths that I can't see the bottom. *shiver* ugh.

Hmm, well if I could be SURE that I was not gonna get sick at all (virus or seasick) then I would love to go on a cruise. It would be really neat to experience. Would dramamine be enough to stop any seasickness? Anyone who has been on a cruise, what was it like?

I've notice, not through personal experience, that all dramamine does is put you to sleep so you don't feel the sickness.

My aunt is going on a cruise next month, I hope all the sickness is gone by then. I think it is a Holland America cruise line too.