Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, the stomach virus is were I work. I think...A resident was v** on Thursday with a temp of 101...then last night a resident was v** and and had diarrhea...she is fine today. A resident only v* once today (not sure ifhers is a virus). It was REALLY warm today at work so hers could have been because it was so hot. She stared feeling nauseous at lunchtime. She has really bad anxiety. (I did not work today) So I dont know. I dont want to go to work Monday! I am scared I am gonna get sick. I dont want my kids to get it. I am ok with taking care of them sick. I dont mind cleaning all the *yucky* stuff up...I will WORRY though...I will obsess thinking "Will I get it?" The anticipation will make me incredibly anxious. I am so glad I have something to take for anxiety!

If I do get it...I hope to get it BEFORE everyone else does.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] This phobia sucks so bad. I am pretty sure that v***ing is not anywhere near as bad as the obsessions and compulsions and worry I go through on a daily basis!

Well think of it this way, If you do get it most likely you will only have the craps because us emet's can control it better than most people, and then you won't have to worry about getting the same strain for another 14 Wks....by the way, My little girl is Madison, so I guess I'm Madison's mom too....[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Awww...my baby is 11 months. How old is yours??

I guess I am Madison's mom too. I have a puppy named Madison who is like a child too me since I don't have kids!

Madisonsmom, you know how the elderly can be!! Where abouts are you? She was sick on Thursday with a temp. so for sure she has a virus. If no one else has been ill I think you will be fine for Monday. You know as well as I that in homes like this, a virus hits the elderly one by one. Just make sure you wash your hands, like you said in your PM that you wash them until they are raw. Wear gloves, they supply glovesright? If not take a small bottle of sanitizer carry it with you for the day. Its hard not to get too close to them when they need your full care. Hope everything is well.

My Madison is three years. she's a little pain in the butt too, don't get me wrong she's well behaved just VERY curious and high energy. I dont think she walks anywhere, she's always running.

Well, more are sick. They dont seem to really feel that bad. Just v*.UGH! I definitely do not want to go to work. I am on call this weekend and they just called and said someone v* in the dining room. We are in for a GREAT week. I am sure that it infected a few more! This little lady has alzheimers and WILL NOT stay in her room![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Definately wear gloves at work, keep your hygeine up.... when you work so closely with it, I think that's all you can do. I'll be thinking of you!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

ontariogirl - I live in Maryland

Oh boy do I feel for you. When it hits a resident home it is hell. If you go to work what are the chances of wearing gloves or even a nursing mask? If they raise a stink about the mask say you have a sore throat or something! That is why I haven't been back to work at the home and I can't see myself being back there at all!!

I tell you, I am actively looking for something else. I cant stand it!

I don't blame you at all!!!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]I PM you, let me know about any questions for tomorrow!