Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Tenth Year V* Free.

So, I turned thirteen on Monday, which symbolizes my tenth year of no vomiting! I honestly don't understand how I've gone so long without it happening; before, I was never really afraid or worried about vomiting, only of others vomiting. I hated the sound and everything. But over the past summer, it turned into a fear of me vomiting. I mean I always dreaded it before but it wasn't taking over my life or anything near that.

The stomach flu has circulated around my home several times, and I used to only have ONE bathroom, and my bedroom was right beside it. I never caught anything from anyone else, except from preschool when I was about two and a half. And, when I was sick, I only vomited once, sort of spat up, then I was fine and back to normal. I was running around the next day, but it was DEFINITELY a stomach virus because my whole family proceeded to catch it after.

I find it amusing that children are supposedly prone to vomiting, as I've vomited about three times, four at the most, under the age of four, and only contracted one virus (knock on wood,). I don't know, maybe that's something to reassure you parents if you're worried about your children catching things. Before I was full blown emet, I was NOT a frequent hand washer or anything like that- I was a typical child I'd say. No OCD tendencies or anything. Also, I have no gag reflex, I wonder if that has anything to do with anything.

Just thought I'd share- ten years is a good mark. I hope I can go another ten years.

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Tenth Year V* Free.

Congratulations on 10 years, Kailyn! You have something even those of us with long records can envy. You made it through the second half of your childhood without vomiting. That's when most of us had our emet triggers. When you discover non-vomiters around here, most of them last puked when they were 10-12. That you can go back to when you were three is very impressive! Keep up and double and triple your streak!

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Tenth Year V* Free.

That's pretty impressive that basically throughout your childhood years, you didn't V*. You must have one hell of an immune system girl!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-