Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ......

hey guys...well thursday this week i am going to this doctor to get help and treatment for this and im already getting nervous!! i dont want to go and talk to this lady about it and i know she wont understand! i dont think its ganna help and im afaid she ganna put me on somthing! should i really be this nervous?!? has goin to a doctor/phycologist person helped anyone??...i dunno anymore

Sparks x_x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

im starting this week too dont be nervous they are there to help you thats what they get paid for...if this one doesnt understand u just move onto the next one...its going to help so don't be afraid go into thinking that this person can make you better...
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

it can only help it's not going to hurt anything!!! i went once and she taught me some relaxation exercises. didn't keep seeing her though so i dont know...definitely dont be scared though!! if she doesn't understand you she is not qualified to be doing that job!!! let us know
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

thanks guys...im startin to feel a little better and i guess i should have a positive attitude bout it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you have to have a positive attitude or else it WON'T work. if you go in thinking something isn't gonna happen then mostlikely it won't.

Sparks, just try to keep a positive about it all and go into your session with high hopes. Make sure and print out the info. from sage that explains all about the phobia, that way, the doctor can learn about what it is. The treatments are all pretty similar for phobias and anxiety disorders, so this way the doctor will just be more informed about your specific problem and be able to help even more. Let us know how it goes.

good luck you... remember, u've got all of us behind you. tke a copy of some of sage's writings as a back-up if the doc starts getting a bit fishey with you.

hopefully, the doc will be a good one!!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. I went to the doc a few months ago and I was nervous as hell, but in some ways thats good because the doctor will be able to see the physical effects of your fear and understand the sheer amount of strength it took simply to go and talk to them about it. I'm so glad that I went, rather than not understand my experience with my doctor was that she was very understanding. I'm just waiting now to see the therapist, apparently it might take a while, there's a long list. The other day though they sent me a questionnaire to fill in to help them prepare for my treatment and decide where to put me on the waiting list. I found it useful writing everyting down and you might want to try this if you're really nervous about speaking to the doctor about it, it'll be a useful backup if you forget what you want to say to them.

Good luck - you'll be fine!