Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile New and confused but need help with my phobia:)

Hi! My name is Molly. I am new to the site and not quite sure how it worls and everything. But anyway, I am very emetophobic. I cant hear,see or talk about throw up with out getting naseous. I cry and cant breathe and shake when I see people throw up. I am afraid of going to school
    and on vacation in fear of throwing up in public. My mom and others dont understamd how annoying and serious it is bevause they think I can control it and I am overreacting.

What is the recovery program sold here that i saw posts about? where can i find it on the site?

Thanks

Default Re: New and confused but need help with my phobia:)

hello! i am also new to the site. i'm not sure how it works either, but it has already helped me. it makes me feel better to know that i am not alone and there are people who understand exactly what i'm going through. i don't know how old you are (i'm 13) but i am also emetophobic. I hate when people just say "throwing up isn't a big deal." because to me, it is. and i can't help it. i'm not sure about the recovery program. do you see a therapist? that can help, and maybe you could go on an anti-depressant like prozac. that can also help. I know exactly how you feel about being afraid to go to school. two people in my family have stomach viruses right now and i am freaking out. i don't know what to do. i skipped school today because i was totally panicked that i would get it. anyway, i'm really sorry you feel that way too. it really sucks. I think this site is fantastic though. it reassures me and helps me. i like knowing that i'm not alone, and neither are you.

Hey there and welcome! (: I have the exact same problem as you too!! my parents don't hear me out as well, but I have been trying to talk to them and getting them to understand how I feel...maybe you could suggest a method of treatment you would feel comfortable with? One way is the exposure method...which I find quite horrible myself, I get chills and start panicking even thinking about it! Hopefully we can conquer this together! I've had this for over 11 years, and I think it's going to affect my future career decision ):

Anyways, there are a lot of friendly people on this site, and hopefully the replies make you feel like you are not alone! And hopefully ex-emetophobes will be able to help you (:

Hello,im new too i only found this website yesterday and thought wow this is me , its glad to see that i am not alone, i have the exact same problem, i have emetophobia too , my parents think i am just being silly and that i should stop worrying about it all the time... my boyfriend v* yesterday and i was all over the place, i started cleaning the house head to toe with bleach just to find out it was only food poisoning so i wouldnt catch it anyways, but i couldnt help it.. i havent eaten properly since he was ill. i have had emetophobia since i was about 6 im now 19..... its a scary thing.... even if i think about it makes me feel naseous. im not sure about the recovery method i cant find it myself.

Hi! Welcome to the site- I've been here for a little bit and I know you'll find it just so useful. It's such a relief to find other people who feel the same way, understand why and offer help and support to those who need it. I've only posted a few stories- one a partial success the story- the other, freaking out in a hospital- and each time I got kind words from the members here. I only hope that I can do the same for you