Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How do you prepare yourself for cleaning after someone has gotten sick??

I will be going back to my house tomorrow to clean after my husband has been sick since yesterday. I noticed after he got sick he did not wash his hands and wiped his mouth and touched stuff...i was mortified!! Me and my daughter are staying at my mothers to try and avoid it but have to go back eventually! I want to get in there and clean really godd and was wondering if anyone had any good advice on how to clean really well and also limit my exposure. I'll be cleaning the entire house seeing as I was not there to see what was contaminated. Your help is very much appreciated! Please pray me and my daughter are spared of this terrible sickness!

Default Re: How do you prepare yourself for cleaning after someone has gotten sick??

Just wear gloves and wipe everything down with a mild solution of water and bleach. I think it's 1/2 a cup bleach per gallon of water. I eyeball it. If you're really worried, you can wear one of those surgical masks you buy at pharmacies, but I really don't think that's necessary. Most of all, do not touch your face (mouth, nose, eyes).

Default Re: How do you prepare yourself for cleaning after someone has gotten sick??

Make sure you clean EVERYTHING. Go room to room and use that bleach solution recipe (it's usually on the bleach container). Make sure you hit areas like remotes, keyboards, etc. I hope this helps! GL

Quote Originally Posted by iNurtureTheOdd View Post
    Just wear gloves and wipe everything down with a mild solution of water and bleach. I think it's 1/2 a cup bleach per gallon of water. I eyeball it. If you're really worried, you can wear one of those surgical masks you buy at pharmacies, but I really don't think that's necessary. Most of all, do not touch your face (mouth, nose, eyes).

what can you use to wipe the surfaces with , my boyfriend has been v* most of the day and i could really do without coming down with it x