Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy How do I feel Nauseous Every day?

At some point everyday I am sick to my stomach. It has to be nerves. Isn't that just so ironic??? Your are sick to your stomach because you are afraid of being sick to your stomach. It's like a vicious cycle and I'm sooooo over it. When is this gonna end? I just ordered the emetophobia recovery system and I'm praying it will work. I can't live my life like this anymore. It's no life at all.

Default Re: How do I feel Nauseous Every day?

you said it well.

I started taking ginger pills to deal with anxiety n* and it really helped me. I really hope the recovery system works for you.

I know how you feel. I've been nauseous for over two years now, it's HELL! I've had testing done to make sure it was nothing serious and it ended up just being anxiety and nerves. It really is a vicious cycle and stops you from being able to live a normal life.

Ginger pills help. I also get relief from taking a very small sniff of rubbing alcohol. It's a trick that paramedics use to stop patients from feeling sick if they do while in an ambulence.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

when you learn the difference between actual n* and anxiety, its much easier to deal with...but it takes a while to tell the difference.... 99% of the time, i know its just anxiety
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

and i just ordered the recovery system yesterday!! yay! hope it works too... let me know if it does for you...
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I've found that I can tell the difference between anxiety and actual nausea and it has made things easier but hs has taken me 20 years to do so.
    It's the analyzing every bit of food I can't cope with....checking whether it's cooked, avoiding "new food" invade it doesn't agree with me and also worrying about food when on holiday abroad (my dad was very I'll after eating salad abroad)

I think I might try the meet recovery books, let us know how you find it :-D

Xxx

I get nauseous every day, too, more often than not it's right after I've eaten. I don't know if there's something wrong with my stomach or what, but it's miserable. I'm starting to not want to eat certain foods because I'm associating them with nausea and it's stuff I enjoy eating. It sucks...

Nerves can be a major contributor, or even sole cause of nausea.

However another think you should consider is your diet. A lot of emets have terrible diets because they are afraid of eating certain things, but then their diet actually ends up causing them further problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.