Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi!

First of all I have to say these symptoms I'm having COULD be from a prolonged period of binge eating and that's what I thought it was from but now I'm not sure anymore. Either way I don't know what to do. I don't even remember exactly when this started, Saturday or Sunday. At first my stomach was mainly hurting and felt irritable and I was afraid to eat normally cause I was thinking it would cause nausea or even v'ing. My stomach would also get bloated every time I ate something. Now I feel these contractions in my intestines and have been feeling ill. =( So do you guys think this could be a stomach bug and if so, what should I do? Should I not eat ANYTHING, should I drink some broth so I get some salts...? And if this isnt' a bug what else could it be? Can you get irritable bowel syndrome from too much binging? Obviously I have a binge-eating disorder and can't control it cause if I could I wouldn't do it for the fear of v'ing. I hope some of you can help meout by telling me what I should do. Thanks

Tiina

I wanted to also ask how do you know if you have a bug or if it's something else causing you symptoms?

My thoughts are that if you had a bug, you'd have gotten sick - even diarhea by now. Probably from what you ate, I get that every once in a while. I've had problems with binge eating too, esp. when I'm feeling good. I have issues with being alone too, tends to be when I binge more. I've often wondered why I binge because most people here are the exact opposite and don't eat. I understand what you're going through. If you want to talk, email me - [email protected]

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

It could be irritable bowel syndrome. A lot of people on these forums seem to suffer from that. I think it's made worse by stress so if you're binging because you're stressed then it's more likely to be the stess that caused the symptoms rather than the eating itself. It could also be that you have an allergy to certain types of foods. I get terrible pains in my stomach and bloatedness when I eat bananas. Sometimes it's difficult to tell if the pain is in the intestine (and due to trapped wind) or in the stomach (and due to fp or a bug). I agree with Jo though, you would probably have diarrhea by now if it was a bug.

Sounds like your tummy is trying to digest all of it, I would not worry, if you were coming down with a bug you would not even want to think of eating.

basically You need your symptoms to be going on at least 3 months ( some say 6) before it can be diagnosed as IBS. Im sure you're just eating too much and that would give anyone problems, IBS or not.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

do you still have your appendix? Thats exactly how it started for me. With pain and nausea. Where is it hurting? If on your side or in the middle, like your belly button then you might need to see a doctor.
    We\'ll beat this!

not to look on the negative side even though its probably not a bug...just think if you have it than it will all be over soon and if you do v its just a split second thing and than its over keep telling yourself that it helps so much
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

I hate to break it to all of us on here, but , irritable bowel syndrom is caused by stress. And that's all.

carmagned on this website about IBS it said stress doesn't cause IBS but can bring on the symptoms for someone who already has it. But it didn't say what DOES cause it and since so many people here have it I must agree with you.

Normally a stomach bug is sudden onset.

There's some recent research (in it's very early stages) to suggest that there is a bacteria that lives in the gut of people who suffer from IBS which would suggest that it is actually caused by something other than stress. As you quite rightly point out though, the symptoms of it are worsened by stress.