Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Not only emet wise, but at school today we had to give a presentation in Latin about the smallish projects we've been doing. There's only about ten other kids in my latin class, so it's not even that bad. Anyways, when I was up there I was avoiding looking at anyone, because I knew how incredibly stupid I looked up there, and how I sounded like a complete idiot.Hands shaking, tearing notecards, on the verge of tears, etc.It really bothered me since in fifth grade, when we lived in Massachusetts,I could get up and do one of those class president speeches in front of 60 other kids, and not even be scared at all.

Later in the day, in History, we got back our third test we've taken this year. I got a 76. I don't get it, I study so much, reread all the book, and go over all the notes, but still get a C. The first test I didn't study for at all, and I got a 99. I'm super afraid that my average will drop so much. We also have this big paper we've been working on since November, due on the tenth.

Then in PE, at the end of the day, a girl threw up. The same one who's in my Study hall class, sat at the same table in History, and very near where I was sitting at lunch.

I didn't actually find out she got sick until I got back into the locker room, but when I did, these other girls were being really mean about it. They were going on about how she didn't throw up on me, and how I should justshut the f*ing hell up.

Now my mom's not being all that kind about it either. I also have a headache from crying, but I'm afraid it's a sign I'm getting sick. I've only eaten some grapes, a few saltine crackers, and one of those little Dole mandarin orange things today. Think I'll be alright?
    -Anna

oh man im sorry you had such a bad day...

i am sure you are going to be just fine...your headache is from just what yousaid it was...crying...and it will pass...

as for your history class....just study hard..but if you find not studing is actually better for you thne thats just fine..some people cant study..it crowds their brain and they get to confused with all the stuff theya re trying to cram. One test isnt going to hurt you that bad..if you are really worried talk to the teacher about doing some extra credit.

dont stress over the other people being so mean..they dont understand us..and never will...the best thing you can do is iether try to educate them...and help them to understand you..or just ignore them...id try to get your mom to understand and ignore the snotty girls!!

you are gonna be just fine!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Aw bless you, I can completely relate.
    These girls are just being unecessarily bitchy, and i think it's time they took your feelings into consideration.
    I know how hard it is being on the spotlight, no-one can appreciate it unless they're up there going through it themselves. But dya know somethin? I bet you looked far from stupid. It took guts to get up there and you damn well did!
    As for cramming really hard, I can completely relate! In November I had these science module test things..the whole class had to take them, they count for our final grades next year (complicated)..I made a mess of one paper, and did even worse on the other, ended up pulling a low GCSE grade of C.. i was so disappointed, even tho a C is a pass. I felt so *thick* because i was completely incapable of pulling off anything higher..
    The main thing is, your teachers will be aware of your capabilities, just because you had a bad test does not mean that they will expect any less of you in the future. You're obviously intelligent, and if you apply yourself then you shudnt have cause for concern.
    Your nausea is completely phantom.. a few grapes will not make you ill, I think you're just panicking after a bad day.
    Chin up! it will get better..