Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question daily routine question...?

hi everybody (:
    okay so this is my first post and I'm brand new on the site.
    I've been dealing with emeto since i was about five and I just have a quick question that I've been wondering about.
    If you do v*, do you go back and remember every part of the day? Like for me I'll remember what i had for dinner, the time it happened, what i was wearing, things I did etc. (for example, the last time I was s* I was wearing a certain shirt, therefore I won't wear the shirt even though it is completely clean and I have kept it and I didn't actually get sick while wearing it, I just wore it on that day)...let me know what you guys think of this(: thanks so much.

Default Re: daily routine question...?

i think you sound like most of us on here.......we seem to have great memories that remember every little detail when it comes to our being sick.........i'm 59 years old and can remember vividly things that happened when i was 5 or 6 years old when it comes to v........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

welcome to the forum......i know for me, being on here has cut my anxiety by about 80% just by learning that i'm not the only person with this fear. hope you find lots of help, comfort and friendship here
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am only phobic about other people v'ing. But I can vividly recall when other people have v'ed in front of me, or when I have come across v. And I used to get nervous when similar things happened again. For example, I remember my cousin used to come to my house after school till his dad came home from work. One day he said he had a headache and fell asleep on the couch. When his dad arrived and woke him up, he ran to the toilet and v'ed. From then on I would not go near him if he fell asleep on the couch, in case it happened again.

I recall bits and pieces but not everything. I try not to think about it cause it certainly doesn't do me any good to obsess over it!
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

I remember every time I vted as a child ( apart from babyhood, obviously) & I really wish that I could forget. I always find myself wondering what could have caused it to happen, as most times I didn`t feel ill or have a temperature before it happened. all I can remember is feeling n* a few minutes beforehand.

I was like this when I was younger, very superstitious about what I was wearing, eating...everything! As I've gotten older and been dealing with this phobia 23 years I learn none of that stuff matters and doesn't change my luck. I remember I use to sleep on a bean bag every night after being sick in my bed once. I felt that if I slept in my bed I would wake up and be sick. I slept in a huge bean bag for a couple years and woke up sick again one night and the bean bag didn't save me. I also use to have a magic 8 ball and would ask it questions if I was going to be sick today or at school or whatever. I would ask that damn 8 ball several times a day until I got enough positive feedback. I think it's so silly looking back but that's the crazy things we do as emets.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Thank you guys so much! this is helping me more than I ever thought it would! (: