Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New member and I've never been this paranoid before

Hello, I never knew this phobia had a name until 4 or 5 days ago. I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone, but it makes me sad to see that so many people struggle with this. Anyway, I've been super nervous and paranoid for the past 5 days because My roommate got sick over easter weekend (saturday night) with some kind of sv i think, while he was home (and not at our appartment thank god!) he was v*ing all night and felt sick on sunday but wasnt v*ing anymore. He felt better on monday, besides a headache and came back to our appartment. Ever since then I've been lysol-ing everything and ive been washing my hands like crazy. I also have been too afraid to eat full meals. I can't stop thinking about how scared i am of this and its hard to get my homework done. How big of a chance do I have of getting a sv from him? i know someone can still be contagious for up to 2 weeks after being sick and thats a really long time to be nervous and paranoid. I wouldnt be so paranoid if he didnt live in the same place as i do, but we touch a lot of the same things while living together. anyway i would really appreciate some feedback. thanks!

Default Re: New member and I've never been this paranoid before

welcome to the forum ...just keep you hands out of your mouth and you should be fine....lysol should take care of any germs he may still have.....but it sounds like he was over it before he came back home.

hope you find lots of comfort here......for me knowing i wasn't alone anymore with this phobia has helped a bunch
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.