Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I do believe I have the nasty virus...I have not V yet...hopefully I won't...two days ago...my stomach starting hurting...quite badly...and I went to the bathroom...I had been constipated for a solid week...so I finally am able to go...my stomach starting pretty bad after that...all day yesterday it hurt like crazy..like you feel like you could v...but then you also feel like all you need to do is really burp one good time..anyway this went on all day...i did eat lunch...but soon regretted it...never had D...or V...but then went I got home last evening I was not hungry at all...finally ate two deviled eggs...i know...that was probably not a good thing to do...anyway so about 30 mins..after that....i started really feeling sick...i mean to the point where I had to go in my room and lay down...so I layed there for about a good 30 mins...really about to V....seriously I think i would have rather V than experienced the feeling I had for 30 mins...it was pure hell...my stomach felt like it had acid in it...it was bad...then finally it stopped and i went to sleep...fearing the whole time i would wake up and V...but it didn't happen...thank goodness...woke up this am...and my stomach still feels bad...not hungry...not thirsty at all...just a little bit...ate two crackers...immediately had D...the really yellow smelly kind too...that's how I know I am really sick...have cold chills too...and feel like I could sleep for 6 yrs...I am work..only because it's hard for me to call in here...we are short on help...anyway just wanted some support today because I am feeling so bad..i want to cry...but i guess it will be over in a day or two...i just hate feeling this way...it happens entirely too often with me...I have IBS too...but I know when it's that and when it's truely a bug...sadly this is not IBS....hope everyone else is doing good...thanks..Kat

I hope you feel better soon. It really doesn't sound like a bug to me though. It does sound like IBS or maybe even anxiety. Take Care.

Yup, that's IBS and stress. You would've v*ed by now had you been sick. IBS gives me that gross, weird d*.
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

Well, I have had IBS for over 20 yrs...so I do know how I feel when it's just IBS...I mean...when it's IBS...I go to the bathroom...with D and then it's over with..I don't feel so horrid...like you have been hit by a truck...the feeling that you could sleep for hours on end...your eyes are burning..and you have no energy whatsoever...I don't know......i am not under any stress right now..however i have my xanax ready in case...i love that stuff..anyway...i appreciate your posts...really...I am pmsing too...so I am so emotional right now....anyway...thanks to all who replied...Kat

Maybe it is a bug, but not a v bug. You sound more like you have a touch of the flu and maybe that's aggrivated your IBS??? I don't know if it works that way or not. Anyhow, I hope you're feeling better soon.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Well I think like most of us, maybe you do have the bug, but you managed to avoid the v* part, and now your just left with the D...Hope you feel better real soon though!

Sonia

It could be you pms too. I tend to have problems with constipation and diaherra just prior to mine, and my mother did before me....tends to run in the family I guess. Couple that with your IBS and stress and I'd say you have a winner....not a bug.

From what you were first talking about it reminded me of when I attempted low-carb dieting....man that was the worst!!! My body didn't like it too much and almost the same thing happend to me. I did loose 10lbs, but it wasn't worth it.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

Sounds like it could be an intestinal virus.

********* Little Graphic********

If the diareah is yellow and you are basically pissing out of your a**, then its a sort of bug getting out of your system or something bad you ate. How are you now?

Hmmmm, it doesn't sound like a stomach bug really...but I could be wrong. like the pp said, are you actually pooping straight water?? Like peeing out of your butt?? If so, then it is likely it is a bug.

Sometimes I tend to feel "yucky" prior to my period, and also my IBS acts up along with it. I hope that is all you have! Keep us posted! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Gosh...you guys are funny I am not exactlu pissing out of my ass so to speak...but it's a mixture...and I still feel like there is a "bug" in my stomach...I did get down a small bag of cheetos earlier...but I have no desire to eat a meal of any kind...not even really thirsty at all either....i don't know...it could be a combination of all my symtoms...ibs...period soon...slight bug...and also not having a gall bladder I think that makes my poo a bit off anyway...but then again...i have a headache and just feel very tired and i think i have a slight fever too...not bad but just enough to make you feel icky all over...i will go home tonight after work and hopefully get in the bed and rest for the evening...my boys will let me rest while they play their video games....so that will be good...I will let you know how I feel tomorrow...i hope it's better than today...whew I am tired of this junk...thanks for all your suggestions and kindness...Kat

I get like that before my period sometimes too
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

Sorry to say, it sounds like a bug I had once, I kept having the nasty d** until I was pooping water!! It was gross, but I DID NOT v****. I knew it was a bug, because my sister and nephew had it (they both DID v*) and then my boyfriend caught it.
    I really hope you feel better soon!Edited by: donna1216

yes sometimes if you catch a bug, and your immune system is strong enough, you will not v* and it just comes out in the form of diarrhea. i think if you were going to v* from this it would've happened already. I'll pray for you! Think positive! Get lots of rest and try to drink fluids so you don't get dehydrated from all the diarrhea.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Thanks guys...I still feel like crap today...better than yesterday...but definetely not good...I am still having D...and it's still yellow...and burns very bad...and over all I feel tired and drained...i know that it's from not eating anything...i barely feel like anything to drink...but i need the fluids...thanks for your support...I hope this will be all over by the weekend at least...right now I just wish I would quit pooing...my tail feels like I have wiping with sand paper...hurts so bad...and i am cracked all down there...anyway...just thankful that I didn't V...but then again wonder if i had of if this would be gone by now...that's what i always wonder...if you v if the bug would get out of your system faster...oh well...don't really want to find out...thanks again...Kat

Ugh! I had what you have Kat a few years back, and I sure
    remember it! My mom and brother got the v* part, I got the
    d*!!!!! Seemed like I would NEVER be able to leave the
    bathroom. Have you taken anything at all for your d* yet, like
    Imodium? If you can't eat anything, maybe something like
    Pedialyte or Ensure could keep your nutrition going.

i agree with redhed, make sure you get some fluids in
    you because if you get dehydrated you will feel much, much worse!
    try saltine crackers and some juice maybe? at least some
    water. hope you get to feeling better real soon!</font>

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Yes, the rehydration salts seem to help you actually feel better. They work for me when I 've had D anyway. And they helped my sick hub a couple of nights ago.

Have you tried sipping pepto bismol? That actually KILLS bugs in your system! And helps the nausea. Please feel better soooon!

Pepto actually kills bug in your system? Is this true?

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Well, I am still feeling like crap...I just feel very weak...not really nauseated but sick in my stomach feeling...ate a bit of lunch...and had D after eating again...sad but true...thanks for the pepto advice....i will try that when i get home tonight.....take care all of you and hope you don't pick this mess up....it's no fun at all.....Kat...I will keep you updated on how long this mess lasts...

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyme
    Pepto actually kills bug in your system? Is this true?

No, pepto does not kill bugs in your system. It just coats your tummy to keep you from feeling sick.

If that was the case, no one would get the stomach virus...orthe bug would go away right away, but that is not the case unfortunately. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Charlotte is right, UNFORTUNATELY there is nothing that will kill a virus. BUT there are things to ease the symptoms while you wait for it to die off, AND sometimes those things to ease the symptoms don't do anything.

[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Well, today is better so far...I have not eaten anything yet though....we'll see. I feel better...I still feel weak b/c of not eating...I didn't eat any dinner last night at all...just don't have an appetite...but today I am hungry...thank goodness...and now also my youngest son is sick with a head cold...and my husband is sick...with what I don't know...either a head cold...or the flu...so my house i real lovely right now...my oldest son who is 14 is the only one so far who has not been sick since Christmas...oh well...the sun is out today and that makes me happy...at least it's not gloomy outside...that always makes me feel better...Kat

I understood Pepto to have an anti-bacterial effect! I'm sure I've read this in several places. Forgive me if I got it wrong.

Sounds like you are thru' the worst of it, Kate... keep feeling better!

Just did a quick web search and found at least five medical sites stating 'Pepto Bismol has some anti-bacterial action.' I didn't imagine it! They didn't mention viruses, however...

Obviously it won't stop a stomach bug in its tracks. But anything that helps a little has got to be good!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Thanks Moonshadow...I appreciate your concern...I am feeling better now...ate lunch...and all is well so far...I am getting my appetite back too...that's great...see I have IBS also so it's a double whamy for me....anyway it's good news about the pepto...I will be drinking it more often now that I know that about it...i never could stand the texture of it but now I think I can force it down somehow... take care all of you...Kat

Quote Originally Posted by moonshadow

I understood Pepto to have an anti-bacterial effect! I'm sure I've read this in several places. Forgive me if I got it wrong.

Sounds like you are thru' the worst of it, Kate... keep feeling better!

Hmmmmm, I have never heard of that?? I know that it won't kill a virus, but I can see where it might coat the tummy and keep foreign substances from sticking to it! That may be true! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

But I don't think that pepto kills the virus...if that was the case, there would be an immunization of pepto's componants to keep everyone from catching the stomach bug! Good idea though huh??? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!