Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi!

I posted a couple of days asking if you guys think I have a stomach bug or what could becausing these symptoms. This started on Saturday orSundayso it's been going onat least 4 days nowduring which I have not binge eaten and have been afraid to eat in general. But I'm afraidof not being able to refrain from binge eating much longer and I don't know if my stomach could take it if I did.My stomach doesn't hurt that much anymore (probably because I haven't been eating much anymore) but every time I eat somethingI getmore or less nauseous and my stomach's just irritated. I feel like all I can eat is babyfood (the puree fruit stuff which I like to eat anyway) andother stuff that's easy to digest. I guess I'm gonna try to get an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow but I might not get one and I've already been to the doc's twicebecause of stomach problems in like the last six months and they already did an ultrasound. It hasn't beengoing on this long before but I've been feeling extra agitated lately so maybe that could be why it's not going away. What do you guys think? Is there anything that can help? I don't knowof anything I can take that would calm my stomach. All I know of is anti-acid meds or whatever and it's not like an acidy feeling. Seems to me like they have more stuff like that in the US and I'm in Finland. Sorry this post is so long.

Tiina

Hi Tiina,

I think it's a good idea to see a doctor about it because that shouldn't happen. I know my brother has bad reflux and acid problems and it matters what he eats and when he eats it. He gets the same symptoms, nausea, irritated stomach when he eats. He takes medication for it and it helps him. That could be your problem.... I don't know. Try and get in to see a dr. before you binge again, as I'm sure that doesn't help the situation, but I understand how hard it is not to when you're in that mode. Email me anytime, I hope you feel better.

Josie

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Yeah, I would definately see your doctor. Maybe you just have excess acid in your stomach from your eating habits. Are you constipated, or have IBS?? Those things can really mess your system up temporarily. Usually stomach pain is gas...especially if you have something gas producing in your system that is still there. (from being constipated) Don't worry too much...maybe your doc will tell you that you have something that is easily treated, and not much of a problem at all!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I still don't really know what IBS is but I'm not having diarrhea or constipation. Just something weird going on with my stomach. I haven't even seen any of the sites about IBS mention nausea as a symptom so I guess that would also suggest that I don't have it. Asfar as the acid and reflux problems, I don't know...I don't have any burning sensations and it doesn't feel acidy in my stomach or my throat and I don't have heartburn. I'm gonna try to get an appointment with the doc tomorrow. I hope he can tell me what it could be, like if it could just be from agitation and I hope he can tell me what may help with it. I hope he doesn't want to do an endoscopy on me though. I could never go through that being awake. NEVER!But first I gotta get an appointment to go see him and see what he says. Thanks for your replies Josie and Charlotte.

Tiina