Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Swimming pools?

Default Swimming pools?

This is a bit random, but I was wondering, can you catch stomach bugs from swimming pools? As in the public ones.. just curious that's all!

Default Re: Swimming pools?

Um, not that I'm aware of! The chlorine is there specifically to kill off any bugs so I really wouldn't have thought so. What's more, a variant of chlorine is used to purify drinking water, so put that way if you're not bothered about drinking tap water then I wouldn't get too worried about going down to your local leisure centre for 20 lengths either.

By the way, I love swimming - great form of exercise!

Default Re: Swimming pools?

Quote Originally Posted by orton99 View Post
    Um, not that I'm aware of! The chlorine is there specifically to kill off any bugs so I really wouldn't have thought so. What's more, a variant of chlorine is used to purify drinking water, so put that way if you're not bothered about drinking tap water then I wouldn't get too worried about going down to your local leisure centre for 20 lengths either.

By the way, I love swimming - great form of exercise!

Good point, I cant really argue with that! Although I think it's a different kettle of fish so to speak when abroad as i'm pretty sure they dont put chlorine in their pools, ugh. - I agree, swimming is brilliant, tones all your muscles at the same time