Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Arrow Fluoxetine Question ???

i was prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg today. for my anixety disorder and as well as helping with emet, its only the sickness and n* side effect i am worried about, however my mum and 2 sisters have been on them, and said they had no side effects at all and felt fine and they really helped them, i was just wondering has anyone took the before, and did you get any side effects ?? they say sometimes if family have been fine on them, then you will be, well thats what they said when i had surgery and i was scared the general anesthetic would make my be s*ck, does anyone think the same applies, i really want to take them because its taking over my life all the anxiety and i just want to feel normal for once in my life, plus since i had cancer all i can think is what if i get another disease so i think they will really help me.

thanks

Default Re: Fluoxetine Question ???

I used to be on this for several years but eventuall just quit taking it. I didn't have any problems at all but everyone is different. I understand your worrying, though. Everytime I get a new medication I always ALWAYS check to see if the side effects are n* or v*.

Is the flouxetine in a capsule or pill? If it is a pill I would start off by taking 10mg for 2 weeks and then go to the full 20mg. This way it wont shock your system so much. Honestly, when you take it you'll feel good and since it's for anxiety, even if you do feel a little quesey it will help you stay calm. I've never heard of anyone v* from taking this. It more than likely won't cause any side effect like that, though honestly.

Good luck to you!

i am currently on it to help with my anxiety and phobia of the big V word. i have not had any of those side effects thank god. it has actually helped a tiny bit as well. I can go into class now and not feel like everyone is going to v* for no reason at all.

Hi, I went on that drug 2 years ago to help with yhis v phobia.I too was worried about taking pills in case they made me chuck.I can honestly say i had no side effects at all apart from nearly getting back to being the real me (which for those that know me might not have been such a good thing LOL).The drug took the edge off my anxiety and got me through the winter months which is the worst time for me.I came off the drug gradually in my own time with no withdrawal symptoms either.It's not a miracle cure to this emeto thing but it sure helps.Personally I would go for it GOOD LUCK

i've been on it for years and never had a problem.....i do remember being terrified when i first started on it....i took it before bed so i would sleep through any side effects.......but never had any. although i must say i have some very weird and vivid dreams on it...lol

it has really helped me a whole lot with my emet......gave me my life back.....eat a little food and take it......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks for all the replies, think i am just gunna go for it things cant get any worst than they are, so its worth a shot, i am taking capsules tho not pills

Glad you decided to give it a shot!

Prozac has been a LIFESAVER for me... I went on it in 10th grade, when I was severely depressed, and it basically helped me get out of bed in the morning (at that time I was also on Wellbutrin, but I fazed that out.) I currently take 80mg a day (pulvules/capsules, not pills, like you) and I have never experienced n* or v* from it - the side effects I have experienced are decreased appetite (I lost some weight when I first started, but I also have recurring anorexia nervosa, so kinda hard to tell) and, if I take it on an empty stomach, sometimes globus sensation/heartburn (but rarely, and I only get this if I take it without food). (Vivid dreams as well, but it doesn't really bother me - in fact they make my life more interesting, even if sometimes I get axe-murderer nightmares XD) I tried so many antidepressants, and actually the deciding factor for me was if it would make me gain weight... fluoxetine was a great drug for me, and I hope it helps you too!