Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face Travelling Saturday...any tips of staying on it

Ok, this is going to sound ridiculous but i havent been on a train for a very long time. after many a bad journey where i have panicked so much that i have almost passed out/been s~~~ or actually got off and had to be picked up because i couldnt bear it anymore. i literally gag the whole way and feel like a wave of anxiety and s~~~ness is coming over me, i go ridiculously hot and feel like i need to escape. obviously on a train it is impossible to just get up and get off. i guess thats my problem i have no escape route(anywhere i go i have an escape route)anyone else have this? anyway on sat i have to go and see my parents in plymouth im from bristol and its like a 2 hour journey. i hardly ever go home to see them because of the travelling but i have to go and cant back out. i am already limiting my food and eating as many safe foods as i can but even now i am sat here with a major stomach ache worrying about the journey and what may happen. please please any help or advice or a way in which you cope when u travel would mean the world.

Default Re: Travelling Saturday...any tips of staying on it

I have had some similar experiences on a plane before. I nearly went insane a couple years ago the entire flight back home. You should maybe get something for anxiety or motion sickness just to calm you down. Some kind of anti anxiety medication, maybe chew on some gum, keep a bottle of water or something you like to drink. Bring your favorite music with you and maybe a blanket. You should try and sit on the aisle if you can because it will allow you more stretching room and you wont feel so trapped. The best advice I can give is to not set yourself up for failure. If you pump yourself up to thinking something bad will happen then you are going to be so anxious. Try and relax and enjoy your trip and your family. Good luck.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.