Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Like myself, I know most everyone here are avid handwashers and use hand sanitizer. I was wondering if any of you have a problem with severely dry, cracked hands. Have you found any good moisturizing cream that works well? I usually just use what I have available. Some of the Bath and Body Works lotions are good and I also like Mary Kay Satin Hands.

Jess

I get that also, just use a good cream on your hands very often. I like Bath and body works antibacterial lotion.

Jess,

my sister (bethany) has the same horrible problem. If you use
    cooler water when you wash your hands, it helps. (when you use
    really hot water, it opens all your pores, then they are exposed to the
    dry, cold air of this time of year and it causes severe dryness)
    For her hands, she uses "Udderly Smooth" I recommend Bag Balm,
    that comes in the green tin cans, I swear by that stuff. i think
    you could get either one at wal mart.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector is great, so is their Intensive Hand Rescue. Also let me tell you if you have the dry, cracked hands problem....invest about $25 to $30 in a parraffin wax hand spa. Got one for Christmas 2003, and man I tell you THOSE ROCK!!! I use mine about once or twice a week in the winter time, they are amazing.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

Jess, I hear you! My hands right now are so rough and cracked looking, they look like a 90 yrs.old woman's hands!!! I agree with redapple 100% get the bag balm, good stuff!

I have three words for you: Zim's Crack Creme!! Go here. This stuff works wonders. My dad uses it and its the only thing that has EVER helped him. Go to this website: www.zimscrackcreme.com.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Allie, for some reason I couldn't get on that website right now. It's probably just my computer acting up. I'll try again later.

I'm definitely going to have to get me one of those parafin hand spas. That sounds really neat! Where might I buy one of those?

oh goodness yes. as redapple said, my hands are absolutely disgusting in the winter. I mean, you would think i was 80 yrs old too. They hurt and crack and bleed it's awful. I use so much lotion but it doesn't matter, i wash them five minutes later, lol. oh well! Yes i like the udderly smooth, it is udder balm for cow's udders. lol. I also used some cocoa butter the other night and it worked well.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    -megan
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

Sorry... wrong address. Go to www.crackcreme.com. I'm retarded. [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, Allie! I was able to get on the website and I am going to have to look for the cream. I haven't seen it in any of the stores listed around here, but I'll definitely have to look for it. I may have to order it online if I can't find it.

Jess

you can pick up those parraffin spas at any Wal Mart or Target type store....just look for them around the health and beauty products like the back massagers, facial steamers etc.....

Like I said, you use that in conjunction with the lotion, and it takes care of everything.

And your right they are fun to use.....I love to peel the wax off when its cool.

Have you ever gone to the dr about your hands, thats a sign of excema. Severly dry skin is what it is. I use Jergens for extra dry skin, you can get it anywhere, wal-mart is the cheapest I think but it works on anything, feet too.
    We\'ll beat this!

Thanks, Jennifer. I'm an RN and I don't believe I have eczema, just dry skin from washing frequently, LOL! I used to work at a doctor's office and I would occasionally use cream that eczema patients use. I agree that Jergen's is a good one--my mom swears by it!

Jess

Another vote here for The Body Shops Hemp Hand Protector - it's amazing stuff and has even been said to work wonders for excema.
    Sarah :0)

I LOVE Cornhuskers lotion, it's cheap, a little goes along way it absorbs fast and greaseless!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Simply Me...that is so funny. Cornhusker lotion....I use that stuff too when my hands get really bad. Not to be gross but its like snot in a bottle, but man does it work great. My dad worked in a machining plant for 30 years and used to get really dry, cracked hands from all the chemicals and he swore by that stuff...I still use it to this day. And it smells pretty too....kinda like baby lotion or something.

One note on the Body Shop's Hemp hand protector...yes it works great, but for those of you who do not like the hippy-smell of patcholi you might want to skip it. I like that stuff, but I have friends who can't stand the smell of it.