Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anxiety

Default Anxiety

Hello, i have awful anxiety i have tried taking kalms tablets to reduce it , but it doesnt seem to work... i dont really want to be on anti depressants as both of my parents have been on them and said that they had terrible side effects and felt worse after they come off them than they did before they started taking them, the anxiety makes me feel n* alot , my boyfriend v* yesterday and ever since i have been feeling n* it has made my appitite nearly none existant , i know i wont catch what he had bc he has food posioning . i ever went round and bleached the house head to toe and i dont feel any better for it, i dont know what to do to stop feeling like this, it seems to be taking over my every day life, the therapists i have seen dont seem to know what to do to help me, ive been to 5 different ones and none of them have helped me at all.... so please if you could help me i would be most appreciative

Default Re: Anxiety

I've posted a thread about anxiety in another area on this forum, but never mind!

I can completely sympathize with you because I also suffer with pretty bad anxiety so I know exactly how you're feeling.. and yeah, it isn't nice at all is it. It's good to know you're not the only one who suffers with it aswell, which may be some comfort to you.. I dont know, but believe me there are quite a lot of people having to deal with this everyday.

I can't tell you how to get over it because i'm still trying to figure that one out myself, however, I can give you some advice on how to reduce it and to make yourself feel a bit better perhaps? First of all, I know what you mean about Kalms being a waste of time, I took them for about two weeks and didn't feel any calmer at all really.. with them being a herbal medicene I think in order for them to have any effect you yourself have to believe they are going to work. As for the nausea and non exsistant appetite you mentioned, is this a daily occurance or do you just feel like this at the moment because you knoe your boyfriend has been ill? If it's a daily occurance, again I can sympathize with you on that and probably quite a few others on here could too, anxiety can give really awful symptoms and ones that last for ages unfortunately.

I'm sorry to hear none of the therapists that you've been to seem to know how to help you, maybe do some research on the internet on therapists in your area, or ask around people you know if they can reccomend anyone to you perhaps? Or go to your GP and ask for some advice on what to do about your anxiety and make it clear that going on anti depressants are NOT an option for you.

I seem to have rammbled on a bit, but as for making yourself feel better (everyone is different, but this is what I usually do), take yourself away from any noise/comotion so you're completely alone and in a quiet surrounding, put some calm/soothing music on, light some scented sticks (lavender or sandlewood are especially good for anxiety), lay yourself down on your bed or sofa, close your eyes and try to imagine the anxiety slowly leaving your body, along with taking deep breaths & thinking "happy thoughts", so to speak.

I have wrote a lot but anxiety is something that also takes over my life and I hope I have been of some help to you, however small. Take care.

Thank you very much for your help, i will try this , im glad im not alone on this feeling x

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_Walton View Post
    Thank you very much for your help, i will try this , im glad im not alone on this feeling x

You're welcome. If theres anything you want to talk about where anxiety is concerned you can talk to me anytime, I cant think of a symptom I havent had at least once! X

Hello Tasha i have been feeling n* and shaking and felling really scared for the past 3 days since my boyfriend v* and i found out that it could be food poisoning, but it hasnt stopped me feeling very anxious, ive been panicing a hell of alot i cant seem to calm down, can you help me please, im terrified that i might of been a bug even tho he was only V* for 6 hours but i cant seem to convince myself that it was just food poisoning my boyfriend had

Hey. Ok, first of all keep taking deep breaths, chew some mint gum or pop a few mints as they're refreshing and can actually make you feel a bit better when feeling nauseated, everyone is different but it usually helps me. Sip some freezing cold water so you're staying refreshed and what not. Honestly, if he's only been sick for about 6 hours I highly doubt it's a bug, it most likely is food poisoning if that's what you already thought. I know it's hard to stay rational when in this frame of mind but I can assure you, you will be fine and if you had a bug the nausea definately wouldn't of lasted for like 3 days, you would of been sick straight away. Try your best to stay calm, listen to your favourite music or just some calm, soothing music if thats better and try your best not to panic, as I can tell from what you've told me that it's very unlikely that you'll vomit now. Dont worry hun & i'm still here if you need me at all

Thank you so much for you help, i think thats what i might do, settle in to bed and listen to music as i havent slept much for 3 days due to my anxiety... hopefully now i can atleast try to relax.. and let my boyfriend touch me lol

It's fine, i'll try to help you as much as I can whenever you need it - That's all it's about really, just trying to relax and think "no, you will NOT beat me" and try imagine the anxiety/stress leaving your body. I can control my anxiety sometimes but when it gets bad, it gets really bad.. I find it difficult to cope with, especially when i'm out anywhere. But yeah, I do understand why you're worried, I worry over a lot of things.. mainly to do with vomit, obviously. ANYWAY, i'm going on and on again :') Just remember a lot of the symptoms you're having no matter how awful most likely are just your anxiety.