Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do you think that emetophobia and fear of germs go hand in hand?

I get nervous or angry when people get ill as a reaction to fear of them v*g- I also heard from my friend (a nurse) that people often do in hospital when they cough a lot, as it stimulates their gag reflex. So now I get nervous when people are hacking up a lung on a bus or train. I disinfect most things before I touch them and hardly ever get ill (probably as a result of this and avoiding sick people). I also hate when people sneeze (stupid, I know, but I hate the idea of getting ill). Is there anyone else who thinks that a general fear of germs and illness go hand-in-hand with emetophobia? Even if it's not directly related to v*ing?

Default Re: Do you think that emetophobia and fear of germs go hand in hand?

Yes...my fear of germs led to emetophobia.

No, I'm emetophobic but I don't fear germs.

Germs trigger my emetophobia, like i cant bear to be in the same room with a sick person!

Common colds/influenza/general viruses etc don't bother me at all, it's just noro and fp germs

Quote Originally Posted by Keeley View Post
    Germs trigger my emetophobia, like i cant bear to be in the same room with a sick person!
    that is me too. I get a ton more germ aware when sickness is going around.

Definitely not a germaphobe...just emetophobe...*shrugs*

I'm not afraid of germs, as I'm not afraid of non-vomiting illnesses. I worry in direct contact with a sick person, but not in general.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

My emetophobia led to my fear of germs. It does make sense, because, obviously, germs cause stomach viruses. So I avoid germs at all costs.

Regular flu and cold germs and such don't bother me much more than they would a normal person, though. So I'm not germophobic, I'm just afraid of the germs that cause stomach viruses!

Hmm, I can see how they would but I don't think so. I have been emet for years and I'm not really germophobic. I would say, however, that I am germ aware, and if somebody is ill near me I will wash my hands. Likewise, if I have a cold and am to be in contact with somebody, I'll practice good hygiene for their sake as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.