Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy restaurant phobia!!!!

I have just re-developed a phobia that i thought i had under control!!!! a couple of weeks ago i went to denny's with my husband im 21 by the way and he told me can we move some one is getting sick! just those words ugh!!!! i never heard it i never saw it i never smelled it just him telling me got me shaking even remembering that night still gets me ill i never ever wanna go back there again... any thing i can do to get my restaurant issues under control again! it ruined my whole night because i couldn't eat my food i just wanted to bolt out of there i even threw the food away because of my fear that it was contaminated or something!

Default Re: restaurant phobia!!!!

I don't blame you for feeling that way. Honestly, how many times has this happened? I haven't had an experience like that but I've heard of it happening. This could happen any where you go and I guess your options are to live your life taking chances or stay home. Eating at home is healthier, safer and more cost efficient so it wouldn't be a big blow to your life style. If it were me with the restaurant phobia, I would probably just order to go and have a picnic some where or avoid it until I become more comfortable again. I would also be terrified of eating knowing someone feet away was sick. You always wonder if it was the food or if it could get on your food. I hope you'll feel better about eating out soon, maybe stick with places you really feel comfortable eating at for now.