Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default real nausea and anxiety nausea...

Hey guys,

I've been having CBT recently and have got a lot lot better with the anxiety and stuff BUT...
    This emetophobia really seems to want to stay! I've been doing exposure, I can now look at pictures, really graphic videos etc and i'm better at coping with the anxiety attacks. But I really am not coping with the idea of actual vomiting and real nausea.

Like I can calm my anxiety down now because the anxiety nausea lessens and so therefore i calm down but when i'm scared that when I feel real nausea i wont be able to get rid of it therefore i wont be able to calm down. Also i've read some of the posts on here and apparantley real nausea is LOADS worse so i'm bound to panic even more! When I have panic attacks i feel so sick to the point where I could gag so surely if I combined that with the real nauseea i just wouldn't be able to cope and i'd end up vomiting from panic and real nausea and it would just be awful.

However Lisa on here who has recovered nearly form emet says that real nausea isn't as bad as anxiety nausea.. I wish i could believe that but on here you all seem to think it's loads worse.

Will I be able to cope with vomiting with bad anxiety as well? Have you all coped with it? Any of you been sick with really bad anxiety and it hasn't been as bad as you thought??

Really need a bit of support here...

Default Re: real nausea and anxiety nausea...

I don`t know whether I`m strange for not feeling nauseous when in a panic, but I`m grateful that I`ve never felt like vting however scared i might have been.

Default Re: real nausea and anxiety nausea...

Real nausea is worse than panic nausea and I have learned to distinguish the two through therapy. It's hard to explain how to distinguish the two, but I have and I can tell you I'd rather have panic nausea than real nausea. It takes a lot of expereince distinguishing the two. The thing is I have stomach problems, IBS, Hiatal Hernia, Acid Reflux, prone to ulcers....so I get nausea a lot. I guess that's how I know what real nausea is compared to panic nausea. But yeah, this Lisa person is right, real nausea is A LOT worse......A LOT!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman