Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default sister has v*! help! D:

So my dad rang to tell me some other stuff and mentioned my little sister (she's 16) wasn't coming to visit him this weekend as she'd v*. I have gone in to complete Panic overdrive as i saw her YESTERDAY. I only saw her for about half an hour tops, but we did hug.

I called my other sister, and asked what was happening (I don't live at home anymore) and she said my little sister was a bit better but when she first v* it was all over her bed and seemed pretty bad. My sister knows my phobia, so she's honest with me which I do appreciate, no matter how scary it is!

So I eventually called me little sister. She's been in bed all day (no more v*) and even managed a couple of crumpets and kept them down. She mentioned that it might be some chocolate she ate though. Is this possible?! My mum had some of it and said it tasted funny, then she had some last night and was ill this morning. My sister is also stressed with her GCSE's at the moment.

PLEASE help .Am I at risk?!

Default Re: sister has v*! help! D:

I'm going through the same thing right now. I just saw someone yesterday who now had v* today but I think you're more than fine because hugging will not trasmit the sv* you have to ingest v* or poo particles so I know you'll be fine. I promise.
    This too, shall pass

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this too. I know you're right, I just do the checklist (was she showing symptoms when i saw her? was she ill in front of me) and the answers are all 'no.' It's just the downside of having an irrational fear though. You know you're probably alright, but why is there still that fear? ):

Oh my gosh I totally know what you mean. You always have that questionable doubting I hate it so much! And the checklist is a smart thing to do even if it only makes you feel 1% better. But you're definitely good to go.
    This too, shall pass

You're a star. Thank you. It's always so lovely to know there's someone out there like me instead of feeling so alone. Depressing, but you know what I mean?