Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs up somethings just fallen into place

hi guys, im new here and ive been suffering along time thinking i was just suffering anxiety and panick attacks but now after looking up emetophobia i think i now know whats been happening and really happy im not alone in this as its been controlling my life for the last 2 + years . im starting some hypnotherapy hopfully soon as ive seen this is best treament for it to go completly. would love any sort of feedback for someone whos just starting to end this phobia x jen x

Default Re: somethings just fallen into place

Hey Jen, and welcome to the forums!

It's great you're starting treatment. I've heard the most reliable treatment to rid yourself of this phobia completely is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), but hypnotherapy works for some people too. It didn't work for me at all, it just made me sleepy, but I know some people on here have tried it and it's worked wonders. I do try to do some meditation when I can, so I guess that's similar in a way.

Definitely keep us updated on how you go with the hynotherapy.

will do , i think this guy actually does both, and seen as tho ive been on a waiting list for cbt on the nhs for 6months now im lookin forward to starting the end of this. i had hynotherapy when i was 15 for 10 weeks and it did seem to work at that time but we shall see what happens . thanks for the reply its good to see friendly faces instead of people tellin me to just grim and bare it ! xxxxx

I think you can do CBT with some hypnotherapy/meditation-y kind of stuff thrown in to supplement which I'd like to try.

It is nice to talk to people who go through the same things, it makes it more real but it also makes me feel less alone, which is nice.

Sounds good. I've found the best thing to help me is to just get up, go out and do things. Somedays I have bad days... of course but I accept that and If I do have a bad day even if I just go outside for a 10 minute walk.. It makes me feel more positive. I just remind myself that it is ok to feel crappy about getting sick because "normal" people do too but they just don't get panic/anxiety that we do. I think though, even when u do ur therapy u will have bad days but it's just to say that you will get through them and you will come out on top in the end, don't give up...u can do this xx