Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anti-Vom tabs.

Default Anti-Vom tabs.

I know in order to get hold of the really strong anti 'emet' tablets you'd have to have a prescription, but I was wondering is there any way to get them without? As in, is it possible to fake a prescription? My neighbour gave me some (around 3) and whilst on them I never once felt nauseous.. I took them one a day, so for about 3 days and I honestly felt so healthy and not in any way nauseous. They're called Buccastem & I really want to get my hands on some but my neighbour refuses to get me any more as she does not want to be responsible for me getting hooked on them. Any ideas?

Default Re: Anti-Vom tabs.

Not unless you want to get arrested.

Maybe consider getting something to treat your anxiety instead. It would be better in the long run. You can't live off anti-emetics.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

i'm glad your neighbor won't give you anymore. those types of pills are not meant to be taken everyday.....and i'm sure would be highly addictive. i have a prescription for phenergan, but i can honestly say i haven't had to take one in well over a year........even when i did take one i would have to be in a total panic and then only took 1/4 of a pill. they are very strong.......and totally knock me out.

i'm sure too that if you did start taking them on a regular basis your body would get immuned to them and you' d have to take more and they wouldn't work as well.

try and find another way to calm your anxiety......maybe go to the dr. for something to help you deal with it.

hope you are feeling ok......don't try anything stupid
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, I highly doubt it would result in me getting arrested, surely! But yeah, probably not the best idea, faking a prescription that is.

I don't think I would end up addicted I would just take them when I get REALLY nauseated which can be like 2/3 times a week, depends. I've tried Kalms for anxiety + they don't work in the slightest. Ahh thanks for the replies, I'll find a way.

I have Prescriptions from my doctor for antiemetics and I take them once every couple of months. They really aren't meant to be taken daily. I imagine a lot of you feeling great on them was psychosomatic -- you knew you couldn't be sick on them so your anxiety was greatly reduced.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Hi everyone new to site, finally decided to reach out for
    Support, Ive yet again been up most of night with nausea and I've tried everything to make it go, iv recently ran out Of my anti
    Sickness tablets and I feel like of without them all I do is have panic attacks and feel even sicker. Does anyone have a method or tips on how to make the nausea go away i am so tired of wasting my life away trying to prevent myself being sick! I can't even eat some foods because I'm scared they will make me sick, I am too scared to go to my gp and tell him about the way I feel about being sick, yet I no this isn't just a fear of sick because it effectsy my lifestyle and the value of life I have.

Two things. At least in the US, faking a prescription will get you a very harsh prison sentence in many cases. Second, in the UK it is not necessary to resort to a prescription, fake or real to get promethazine (phenegran). Reliable sources tell me it can be had at Boots as Unisom (blue box). If you get them, be hard on yourself and make sure you do not use them unless you're sure it's not just anxiety nausea. The authorities in the UK at least think this drug is safe enough to be OTC as a sleeping aid, I don't see why it wouldn't be safe enough to use occasionally with bad enough nausea or as a sleeping aid as intended. Having said that, there are 3 inherent risks to overuse of antiemetics: 1) They can mask the effects of a serious illness, you can disregard this risk if your nausea is occasional only, related to a slef limiting illness like noro or you have been checked thoroughly for physical problems by a doctor 2) They can cause constipation, quite severe if overused, and drowsiness, so care must be taken that you do not need to be alert for the safety of yourself or others when you use them 3) A few people have extra pyrimidal side effects with antiemetics and even fewer have an allergic reaction. Most of the time this is more like a restless leg syndrome type reaction than something extremely scary but I've heard it can be serious. All medicines have risks and benefits, and just because I think its safe doesn't mean it is (I'm not a health care professional and I don't know your case) nor does the fact that it is sold OTC in the UK mean it is 100% safe for everybody. The best bet is to do your own research and decide if you think the benefits outweigh the risks or vice versa. You should look at peer reviewed professional sites which discuss side effects, main effects and drug interaction. Better yet you could discuss what you intend to do with a real healthcare professional. As from advice from a fellow emet yet perfect stranger from the internet, you could do what I did, get the Unisom, use it basically as a security blanket and only pop one if you feel really sick. These are not to be used if you have had too much alcohol to drink or have ingested another chemical poison. Vomiting is hell but it is better than death. Suppressing vomiting from a stomach virus or food poisoning will not harm you as most health professionals now feel that vomiting does near to nothing to remove FP toxins from your system by the time you'd have nausea or vomiting symptoms as the food and agent have long since passed out of your stomach. Viruses cannot be eliminated by vomit or diarrhea, the immune system will eliminate them effectively and you won't hurt yourself if you can stop the symptoms. The cause is not the virus but the inflammation in your small intestine and major digestive upset that causes. You'll still get better in about the same amount of time as if you had the full gamut of symptoms. Lastly, UK emets have told me that you should not tell the person where you buy the Unisom that you intend to use it as an antiemetic as they may not sell it to you, probably because of the inherent risks of antiemetics. Ideally you'd address the anxiety, and use less powerful drugs or natural remedies or relaxation techniques for your normal anxiety nausea and save the big guns for a major problem. Use them but do NOT abuse them. Antiemetics are not for everyday use except for people with highly nauseating conditions under the supervision of a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozi1234 View Post
    Hi everyone new to site, finally decided to reach out for
    Support, Ive yet again been up most of night with nausea and I've tried everything to make it go, iv recently ran out Of my anti
    Sickness tablets and I feel like of without them all I do is have panic attacks and feel even sicker. Does anyone have a method or tips on how to make the nausea go away i am so tired of wasting my life away trying to prevent myself being sick! I can't even eat some foods because I'm scared they will make me sick, I am too scared to go to my gp and tell him about the way I feel about being sick, yet I no this isn't just a fear of sick because it effectsy my lifestyle and the value of life I have.
    Hi there, welcome to the forum - it sounds as though it is your anxiety playing a huge part here as if you are feeling sick for hours and nothing is happening it is most likely anxiety caused. Despite my thread I don't agree that you should rely on anti nausea tablets too much but everyone is different, if you need them get some from over the counter. Also don't be scared to go to your doctor, he or she will be able to help + give you advice on what to do next, most likely refer you to a counsellor, which is a good thing! This phobia can have a massive effect on some peoples lives, so people suffer with it worse than others. Go to your doctor, tell them everything, you can do it

Quote Originally Posted by jkl81 View Post
    Two things. At least in the US, faking a prescription will get you a very harsh prison sentence in many cases. Second, in the UK it is not necessary to resort to a prescription, fake or real to get promethazine (phenegran). Reliable sources tell me it can be had at Boots as Unisom (blue box). If you get them, be hard on yourself and make sure you do not use them unless you're sure it's not just anxiety nausea. The authorities in the UK at least think this drug is safe enough to be OTC as a sleeping aid, I don't see why it wouldn't be safe enough to use occasionally with bad enough nausea or as a sleeping aid as intended. Having said that, there are 3 inherent risks to overuse of antiemetics: 1) They can mask the effects of a serious illness, you can disregard this risk if your nausea is occasional only, related to a slef limiting illness like noro or you have been checked thoroughly for physical problems by a doctor 2) They can cause constipation, quite severe if overused, and drowsiness, so care must be taken that you do not need to be alert for the safety of yourself or others when you use them 3) A few people have extra pyrimidal side effects with antiemetics and even fewer have an allergic reaction. Most of the time this is more like a restless leg syndrome type reaction than something extremely scary but I've heard it can be serious. All medicines have risks and benefits, and just because I think its safe doesn't mean it is (I'm not a health care professional and I don't know your case) nor does the fact that it is sold OTC in the UK mean it is 100% safe for everybody. The best bet is to do your own research and decide if you think the benefits outweigh the risks or vice versa. You should look at peer reviewed professional sites which discuss side effects, main effects and drug interaction. Better yet you could discuss what you intend to do with a real healthcare professional. As from advice from a fellow emet yet perfect stranger from the internet, you could do what I did, get the Unisom, use it basically as a security blanket and only pop one if you feel really sick. These are not to be used if you have had too much alcohol to drink or have ingested another chemical poison. Vomiting is hell but it is better than death. Suppressing vomiting from a stomach virus or food poisoning will not harm you as most health professionals now feel that vomiting does near to nothing to remove FP toxins from your system by the time you'd have nausea or vomiting symptoms as the food and agent have long since passed out of your stomach. Viruses cannot be eliminated by vomit or diarrhea, the immune system will eliminate them effectively and you won't hurt yourself if you can stop the symptoms. The cause is not the virus but the inflammation in your small intestine and major digestive upset that causes. You'll still get better in about the same amount of time as if you had the full gamut of symptoms. Lastly, UK emets have told me that you should not tell the person where you buy the Unisom that you intend to use it as an antiemetic as they may not sell it to you, probably because of the inherent risks of antiemetics. Ideally you'd address the anxiety, and use less powerful drugs or natural remedies or relaxation techniques for your normal anxiety nausea and save the big guns for a major problem. Use them but do NOT abuse them. Antiemetics are not for everyday use except for people with highly nauseating conditions under the supervision of a doctor.
    Thankyou so much for this reply. You have left me a lot to think about and I will definately do my research into anti-vomit tablets, I have already but just a quick browse. Thanks again

I have a couple suggestions: Drugs.com has good info and an interaction checker. Of course they make you agree to the terms that it is NOT actually medical advice, and indeed it is not a substitute but that info is good and thorough. Also I know wikipedia is not academic and I would not rely on it if it were a very serious or certainly a life or death matter but their antiemetics article seems very good. Most articles there seem pretty decent when they are on topics that I actually know something about from education or personal experience. Yes do your homework and get a professional opinion if at all possible.

Tasha93- I am in the UK
    You can buy motillium, phenergran, draminemanine (can't spell it) which are all very good anti sickness tablets... you can buy them in boots,superdrug, sainsburys...no questions asked.
    If you do want something stronger- Then go to your doctor and tell them you are feeling sick an awful lot and it's getting in the way of your life... he/she may prescribe u somethingstronger.
    But honestly- The 3 that I have listed are all very good and will be enough for you xx

Lying to get a perscription isn't right in my opinion. It's abusing the system. Perscription anti-nausea drugs are not meant for daily use unless you have a debilitating medical condition which leaves you constantly feeling sick. Maybe what you need is an anti-anxiety med because as emets, 99.9% of the time our nausea is caused by anxiety.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Well said, Cupcake. I think lying to get a prescription makes it ten times harder for people who actually need it to get it. An anti-anxiety med would probably be more beneficial in the long run.

Yeah exactly ^ just tell them you are feeling ill due to your anxiety and they will prescribe you either anti sickness or anxiety tablets depending on what kind of doctor u get! xx

I already use Motilium but I'm afraid it's not strong enough. I know you're all thinking I'm crazy for suggesting to fake a prescription along with selfish but I genuinely feeling like this phobia is breaking me down more and more each day to the point where I think I need the really strong anti nausea tablets in order to function without freaking out about being sick. I appreciate your opinions but I will literally do/take anything to stop me vomiting.

If this was mentioned, sorry, but you can also develope a tolorence to them. I am going off one of my anti-depressants now and I told my doc I would need anti-emetics for the nausea when going off. She gave me a script for 20 and a refill, but I have only taken probably 3 and only when I ABSOLUTELY needed them. For one, I don't want to develope a tolorence, and for two if I abuse them she won't give me anymore and she already knows I'm an emet.....although she's never heard of emetophobia before. Anyway, I used to lie to get them but once I found out you can develope a tolorence I stopped because God forbid that ever happen to me, (or any other emet).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

I would definately get hold of prescription anti-emets if I could, but my gp won`t give them to me, & I don`t know how else to get them. I would seriously consider illegal ways, as I do wonder if over the counter meds might not be strong enough for a sv, or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    I would definately get hold of prescription anti-emets if I could, but my gp won`t give them to me, & I don`t know how else to get them. I would seriously consider illegal ways, as I do wonder if over the counter meds might not be strong enough for a sv, or anything like that.
    Thank the lord I'm not the only person on here to be thinking like that. Have got to say I wasn't feeling much support or understanding from certain comments in this thread but you've made me feel a little better saying that so thankyou! I too wonder whether over the counter pills are even that strong really, my guess is probably not.