Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

What's your stupidest injury?

I spent time around 1200 pound animals (my horses) and I am so careful and can pride myself on few injuries...

Well, Wednesday I was home from school sick and was in my bed sleeping when I hadda pee really bad, so I jumped up out of bed and somehow landed on the top of my left foot, then fell backwards. Got a bad ankle sprain (I'll post pics when I get them downloaded, its kinda perty) I was on crutches until today, still can't get my fat foot into a shoe or boot. I have bruises running from my ankle down the entire side of my foot, on both sides of the foot. Bruises running across the top and bottom of my toes, and on the arch of my foot on the bottom.

When it happened I got black spots in front of my eyes and almost v'ed when my ankle went "SNAP" but I didn't black out or v', but I wasn't afraid of either one at the time, was just thinking about how much it hurt.

eeep~

I kept tripping UP the stairs this week 2x in 1 day! haha then the next day i accidently skipped a step and my ankle kinda hurt a bit, butthe tripping going up the stairs hurt alot! Got this wonderful bruise. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Awwww, that sounds awful! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Glad to hear you are ok though; although it seems painful and annoying!

I think my stupidest injury was a butt injury! I was in high school running in the halls (big no no..LOL) because I was running late for class. Well someone by their locker had set their books on the floor to unlock their locker when I was running, and I slid on the books an onto my ass!! This guys papers were now scattered all over the hall. My tail bone was bruised pretty bad; not to mention that happened in front of 2 classes, that were already seated and had their doors open. (and laughed at me) That had to have been my stupidest!! I am sure I can think of more, but that is my most memorable one!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I was told by my own doctor I am the Queen of stupid injuries. This one took the cake at the office.

I was on a first date with this guy. It was October and we went to haunted house, one that had a 50ft slide in it (Charlotte, you know the one...) anyways, while going down the 50ft slide in the pitch black, my shoe gets caught on the slide and I twist my ankle REALLY bad. Thought I broke it or fractured it...turns out it was just a sprain. Great impression on a first date when your happy ass needs a piggy back ride back to the car cause you can't walk....

Go to the doctor on Monday to get x-rays.....and they all started laughing that I got hurt in a haunted house. My doctor told me to take it as a sign that I was getting to old to be going to those places (I was 26 at the time)

Got laughed at a lot for that one.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

I was walking with my dog to go get the mail, and as me were walking back to the house, I was looking down, going through the mail, and my dog came running like a bat out of hell full force into me, I went head over heels in the air, mail everywhere. Three times of going to the doctor to get my knee drained of fluid, it is finally better. Damn dog!

OOh stupid injuries is what I do best! They include slipping on the ice, falling off the sled on my butt, walking into doors, etc. But my best one would be when I was eight. I was riding a idfferent horse than I usually do, and he was HUGE! i was tiny. So me and a few friends were on a trail ride, and he decided that he wanted to eat some grass. Of course, he was so big that it was hard to stop him! So as he put his head down I just sat there, being pulled more and more foreward until i flipped right over his head! Ilanded and his head was right in my face, nibbling on my hair. It was so stupid!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Oh god, I've got thousands of these.

When I was about two, I was putting on a show of "stair jumping" for my parents. I was starting on the first stair, then going up one by one. Why my parents didn't tell me to stop, I'm not sure. I got fairly high up, and then jumped.I landed funny on my arm, and dislocated it. My Dad thought that I had just bumped it, so he put me to bed, but later when I couldn't fall asleep because ithurt so much, I begged him to bring me to a doctor. They popped it back into place, and then wrapped it up. It healed pretty quickly, though.

At about that time also, I had just gotten some new toothpaste. I'm not sure why I was so happy about this, but I was running around in celebration. Being a two year old, and not having the best coordination, I fell. I bumped my chin on the table leg and had to have stitches. I still have a scar there today.

And again, during that time period. I was probably almost three by then, but anyways, I really wanted to play hospital with my "baby", Ronald. I needed something to lie him on while operating. I decided it would be best to use an oven shelf (???) Anyways, my mom said that I could use the oven shelf after she cooked dinner. A bit later, when she opened the oven, but then turned to put whatever it was on the table, I reached in and grabbed the burning hot shelf! It only burned one of my fingers badly, but I still remember having a nasty burn there for ages.

Somehow I survived without stupid injuries for about a year or two, but when I was five I managed to scar my chin twice more. The first time was when my Mom and I were at the grocery store. We were walking through the parking lot, and I decided to play this game where I closed my eyes and walked to the car. I held onto my Mom's hand, but still hit my chin on the car. We went to the hospital when it wouldn't stop bleeding, and got it stitched. The second time, it was on my 6th birthday (but technically I was still five since I was born at 4:52 pm, and this happened at about noon) It was during the first grade reccess time, I was sitting on the monkey bars, when someone else bumped into me, causing me to fall scrape my chin. This cut was bigger, but not as deep, so I didn't have to get stitches. Can you imagine what my chin looks like now?

I didn't do many completely stupid things for the next few years, but when I was eight I was nearly paralysed. See, I loved to climb trees, and since we lived in a neighborhood with tons of trees, and a forest, there was no shortage of good climbing trees. One day I decided that it would be a great idea to bring a chair up into a tree, place it so it wouldn't fall, and then take my lunch and a good book up there to read. I did just that, and it worked fine for a while. I probably should have secured that chair a bit better though. To make a sort of long story short, the chair fell, and I fell with it. I got lucky, because there was a little knot like thing sticking out of on of the more sturdy branches at the bottom of the tree. It caught me, ripped my shorts, but my underwear held on. I was hanging their upside down, and good thing I was light- I hung their just long enough for my Dad, who was outside at the time, to run over and grab me. I only got a few cuts, but nearly landed straight on my head.

I've gotten a bunch of less serious, but still stupid, injuries, but those are the most stupid.
    -Anna

I have many as well....One time, when I was maybe 12, I was at my friend's house, and her brother had installed a bar above one of the doors so he could do pull-ups. I decided to hang upside down by me knees, don't ask me why, I guess I had done that on the playground. Anyway,I fell off directly on my head!!! It hurt a lot and of course my friends were laughing!! Of course then my main concern was...if I have a concussion, will I puke?? I did not!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

This is a good topic...

I personally have had tons of dumb/stupid injuries in my days. I'm constantly coming home bruised and banged up from being a klutz.
    A couple of my pretty bad ones are...

~ Falling up the stairs... like wing, I too have a bad habbit of falling up stairs. But I guess that is better than falling down them... lol A woman I work with was on the escalator going up the other day when the elderly woman in front of her started to fall backwards. She caught the lady but fell backwards herself. The lucky thing is that somehow amazingly she was able to land on her butt in a sitting position with her feet up in the air and didn't spill one drop of the two cups of coffee she was carrying. Everyone around her started clapping. It was pretty humorous and thank goodness no one was actually hurt.

~ The other day we were at a farewell party for our store manager and I was standing next to my friend and was going to lean over to tell him something when BANG I clonked my head on the AC temperature unit. It wasn't funny at the time, but we all got a good laugh out of it later.

~ And then for some reason I'm constantly losing my balance and tripping over myself of other things these days and always at the worst times in front of people... it's just sad!

~Lastly, a couple of years ago we went to New York and went hiking with my uncle and we decided towade in the creek instead ofhiking the trail. Well there are these little teeny waterfalls that you step up on and I decided I'd gotten too far ahead and turned around and stepped down on of them... bad idea... I fell and broke my tailbone and couldn't sit on my hiney for a week! It sucked!!

But yeah... I'm a true clumsy klutz!
    ~RachelEdited by: kentuckygalrk
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown