Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default so hungry and/or thirsty you feel sick?

ok so sometimes when i dont eat or drink for a while i feel sick, so i'll try to take a small bite of food and feel fine right after

is it possible to be so hunger or thirsty you feel sick or is it all in my head?

Default Re: so hungry and/or thirsty you feel sick?

It would probably just be the anxiety, that's what I think at least.. I've had where ill be scared I'm sick so I won't eat or drink anything, to prevent feeling worse maybe? And ate and felt way better.. so I don't think its all in your head persay I think the not wanting to eat is making you feel sick because of theanxiety, plus let's face it our bodies need nutrients so basically when we go without that for too long our bodies like.. uhhh... wtf.. haha. but no its not in your head you will definitely feel sick if you go to long without eeating and definitely drinking, because you will get dehydrated..
    This too, shall pass

Quote Originally Posted by stephenie View Post
    It would probably just be the anxiety, that's what I think at least.. I've had where ill be scared I'm sick so I won't eat or drink anything, to prevent feeling worse maybe? And ate and felt way better.. so I don't think its all in your head persay I think the not wanting to eat is making you feel sick because of theanxiety, plus let's face it our bodies need nutrients so basically when we go without that for too long our bodies like.. uhhh... wtf.. haha. but no its not in your head you will definitely feel sick if you go to long without eeating and definitely drinking, because you will get dehydrated..
    alright thanks for what you said, it will help me

Sometimes when i go too long without drinking or eating, i feel sick too. There's a number of reasons for this, however. First off, being dehydrated can make you feel dizzy/faint/about to pass out/lightheaded/nauseous. Sometimes people even throw up from dehydration alone. A couple summers ago, i had gone too long without drinking water and started to feel seriously dizzy/nauseous. My friend forced me to drink a cup of water in the midst of my panic, and i instantly felt much better. Also, low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) can cause a similar dizzy/weak/jittery/light-headed sorta "off" feeling too. Make sure to stay hydrated and eat small, frequent meals throughout the day!
    My YouTube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Emet Blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can feel quite ill if I get too hungry. It feels almost like because my stomach is so empty, it's trying to digest itself! If I'm feeling a bit off, I always try a biscuit or something like that to see if it makes me feel better.

i sometimes start off feeling nauseous and really 'off' before i get hungry. and i'll be like that for a long time, and then sudenly i'll feel hungry. so some days i wont even feel like eating, i'll just start off feeling sick. and i know that hunger can be mistaken for thirst. so sometimes its handy to have a drink when you feel hungry. but isnt it wierd how our body works. i have heard of people actually being sick from dehydration s well. you think the one thing our bodies will want to do is savour every last drop inside of ourselves-not ge rid of it. because when i feel sick like i stated above, and then hours later feel hungry, i dont know why it makes me feel like that in orrder to make me ingest something.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

emmalinda, I am the same way. I'll wake up and feel hella nauseous for a few hours and it dissapates into hunger like at the snap of my fingers. I ALWAYS ALWAYS try to eat when I wake up, no matter how crappy I feel, because I have found that usually I just am REALLY hungry and it will go away if I nibble on a cracker or something.

When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman