Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok everyone...I am a bit nervous for this coming Wednesday to get here! I amsupposed to go to the local karaoke contest, and it is televised on local television. I can sing really good, but I am afraid that I will screw up on TV!!!! What if I miss a note? What if the judges rate me low because they don't like the song, or my music??

Man, everytime I think about Wednesday, I get scared. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

The winner for the night, (they do this every Wednesday night) gets a free steak dinner for 2, and they get to come back for the finals, and in the finals, you can win a trip to NY for a 100,000 recording contract.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK GUYS!! I am getting butterflies just talking about it. Anything I can do to relax about this? [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Charlotte

Spring is here!

oooohh, your doing the Retro 106.9 thing?? Cool, that's part of the company I work for....maybe I will have to come out and support you for that one.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

meditation ! you know how it works! tell u have a few days yet, tell urself ur not nervous and ur stronger than the nerves an ur gunna do great - and u will !! good luck !
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

yeah Charlotte,u can do it!!!!! u have come so far since reading this book and using the tools to help u with emet..........for the next few days tell yourself u are calm,safe and confident while in a deeper relaxation,c how u are,if push comes to shove u could always take a small dosage of anxiety tablet like Valium,i take a 2 mg when i go to the dentist,its just enough to take the edge off things.........I'll be thinking of u and keep us posted.........take care ,U CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Vicky xx

Hey Charlotte! Listen to your book, you can do this, and think if you win, OMG, a recording contract???

Girl, start telling yourself that everything is gonna be great, I only wish I lived where you did, I'd come and watch you and probably be totally amazed by your voice!!!

Good luck, relax and let us know how it goes!!!

Enjoy the steak[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Sonia

You'll be fine Charlotte!! Don't be scared, be excited for this. It sounds like alot of fun!! I would love to see you winning a Grammy!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree, you will be fine!!! Just hink of it as any other time you have sung!!! (sang?)

You will do great Charlotte!! Breathe deep, sing your heart out girl!![img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]

Good luck Charlotte! You will do great, once you get up there and stop singing, all the nerves will go away. Good luck, I will be thinking about you come Wed.

Michele

Awwww, guys...you are all so sweet and supportive. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I guess I am nervous that it is on tv and there are judges. (that are sometimes harsh)

I mean...I sing really good, and I have been told that I sound just like Dolly Parton. In fact, I will be singing "Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton. I have the song down real well, and I have been singing on my karaoke machine for the past month!!!

Gosh, I guess I will use my book and my meditations for this! It is just so soon! It is this Wednesday night...[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

They will put me on tv 10 days after that. Thank you all for your support...you are really giving me the confidence I need!!!

Oh, and abbey_normal- that would be great if you could come!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Where do you live? I love to sing and wish they had one of those in my town! Maybe you and I could be the Dixie Chicks!!

Good luck!!!!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72

Where do you live? I love to sing and wish they had one of those in my town! Maybe you and I could be the Dixie Chicks!!

Good luck!!!!!

Mary

Hey yeah!! That would be great!! LOL!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte

Spring is here!

Whooopsy...

harmonygirl72- I forgot to answer your question...I live in Omaha, NE...YOU?? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

IT IS 2 DAYS NOW!!!! (AND COUNTING)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Charlotte

Spring is here!

Charlotte, u will be fine, just think u will get out there, and blow away the judges, u will hit every note, and it will be a breeze.. I know it sounds so much easier said then done, but us EMETS need a break, and this is going to be yours baby [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I know u can do it, GOOD LUCk

I live in Chicago....so, it might be a bit of a drive....but, to be the Dizie Chicks and win money, I just might!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

well, its 2moro...how u feelin charlotte :-D im excited 4 u - when u get up there all ur worries will fade and ull have the time of ur life! xxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Quote Originally Posted by faith-marilyn
    well, its 2moro...how u feelin charlotte :-D im excited 4 u - when u get up there all ur worries will fade and ull have the time of ur life! xxxx

How am I feeling??? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Very anxious to get it over with!!!!!!

Thanks for asking...and you can bet that you all will hear from me when it is over! LOL!

Charlotte

Spring is here!

Good luck!!!!!

You'll be great!

Sonia

GOOD LUCK CHARLOTTE!!!

You'll do great!!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thank you all!!! I am on a nice rollercoaster ride today with my nervousness!!! I just wanna get it over with!!

I will let you all know how it goes!! Only 5 hours away!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!