I worked hard to overcome my phobia last year, but the anxiety under it never went away. I continued to have panic attacks unrelated to emet, but I figured it was just because so much was going on in my life (sister with cancer, mother in law strife, grandmother's death, ect). But now things have been resolved and I'm still having panic attacks. It's almost worse than when I was emet because there is nothing to pin it on, just feeling horrible and terrified. I know it's a panic attack and will be over soon each time but it keeps happening anyway.
I've always wondered how much of my anxiety was biological and how much was from my controlling parents. Well now my daughter seems to be waking up with panic attacks like mine, just like I do and nothing will calm her down. I'm hoping she doesn't develop this but I'm also wondering if I was just born this way.
For the past 4 months I've been charting my anxiety attacks- between 30-50 a month! That's 1-2 every day! I am wondering if I need to be on medication for life, but I don't want to be.