Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was wondering which bothers everyone more: yourself *v* or someone else *v*. Or are they equivalent?

Both bother me equally, but the thing that really bothers me is that someone else may *v* and from seeing it, I may *v* as well. Fortunately, I haven't seen "it" in a long time, but I have this fear that if and when I do, I will *v* as well. Has this happened to any of you? When I hear of someone else *v*, I get the usual panic-type symptoms, including nausea. This is one reason I worry about having kids. I'm afraid if they are sick, I'll just lose it and start *v* with them!

Well I just figured this one out, I fear myself V*** most, and the reason I fear others is because I fear that seeing them will make me V**, so I guess its equal But it really sucks either way. I hate the fear. No matter how stupid I tell myself it is to fear that, I guess I am hoping for some reverse Psycolgy on myself

I fear v* myself way more. I do fear other v* too, but its like matmysunshine said relly because I am scared it might make me v*, or I could possible catch something from that person. The only time I can really handle v* is when I am in the bar and in the bathroom and I see another girl v* from drinking, that really doesn't bother me too much.

I feel exactly the same as you two, I fear myself v* more but it's the uncontrollable aspect of someone else v* and the fact that this might make me v* that scares me the most. Oddly enough, if I see someone v* it doesn't really make me feel like I'm going tobut I'm still scared of it.

I fear myself V*ing. It probably would bother me a very small amount to see someone else V* if I KNEW I could not catch it myself!
    You control your body- it doesn\'t control you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

I fear myself more, but I also fear others also. Especially my kids. I think if "it" happened from something other than illness then I would handle it better. But when it happens with someone else I get the shakes so bad and my stomach starts to churn and I have to go sit on the toilet to go poo. The whole idea of it has me being a basket case!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

The thought of myself vomiting scares me a great deal more than seeing others. However, saying that- i would run a mile before happily seeing someone get sick. The act of someone else throwing up *does* scare me, but it's something i can run away from, whereas being sick myself- i wouldn't bequite as fortunate.
    Sure, the sight of someone elses stomach contents will make me feel ill-at ease..but i would much rather that than have first hand experience!

Myself, definitely, although seeing my kids do it and knowing how miserable they are, is a close second!

yea im just worried about me v'ing not anyone else as long as i cant catch it...
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

I think that I fear others vomiting more than I fear myself vomiting. I just can't stand to hear someone else doing it, it scares me. I will start to shake, sometimes cry, and RUN!!! I have really good control over myself doing it, so i'm not so worried about it right now, but when the time comes, when I start to feel nausoues, I know that I will be just as scared. I just don't worry about myself doing it everyday, more others, because you never know when it will happen, and you won't be prepared, like have your fingers in your ears or something. I don't know, I just can't stand other people vomiting, it scares me... mostly the sound.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was beginning to think I was the only one that feared others more. I am keenly aware of every little feeling I have in my belly, and I probably have an uncomfortable feeling there about 5 times a week. Not saying nauseated or anything, but just uncomfortable. This has me saying "uh oh" in the back of my mind, but it doesn't send me into a panic. I haven't done it in so many years that I think my fear is of the unknown and I actually fear the feelings before it and the feeling sick more than the act itself, but I can't say for sure. Rambling on.... to say that I get that intense panic when someone else even looks sick. I get panicked immediately and have instant diarhea, and go into a full blown panic attack. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this and find out if I'm scared of others being sick because I think I can catch it. Otherwise, why be scared, right? I would have to say I'm more afraid of others.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I fear myself more but others is really close to the top also. REALLY CLOSE.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

HaHa! I'm glad to read that others get the poops when encountered by other's vomiting. Just the words "Mommy, my tummy hurts!" Makes me run to the bathroom with crampy tum tum...

I think for myself it may be even. My emet began from my dad getting sick, so naturally, that's going to bother me. But, I can't handle myself getting sick either. They both suck big time in my book. And, they both make me panic just as much.

I guess it is easier seeing someone say, on the street or something rather than someone in my own house. Someone in my family being sick freaks me out bad! I dunno... It all sucks.

I just fear myself doing it, the only time I fear someone else doing it is if I know that it is from something contagious. It kinda grosses me out to see other people that I dont know "V", but yet I dont fear it. Did that make any sense? Like last week, when that little boy "V" at my house, that did send me over the edge, cause I didnt know him very well (yet) and it was at MY HOUSE, my personal little world. If I had been at HIS house and he "V" it wouldnt have bothered me too bad, because it wasnt invading my space.

I can also relate to getting the "poops" when encountered with, "Mommy, I dont feel good." Or seeing someone else "V" Usually this only happens to me now if it is one of my children or my husband, or when I hear about someone being sick that we have been around.

My anxiety level is through the roof whenI feel sick and when someone near me is sick. The anxiety level I think can be 3 times worse if the person is contagious.

Another anxiety symptom when the kids say "My tummy hurts!" aside from immediatly having to poo is a really dry parched mouth?