Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What are you coping methods?

I dont want to flood the forum, especially since I am new..

But:

What do you say to yourself to try to calm down?

I try to say "Its not the end of the world. So what if someone gets sick, it will pass. So what if I get sick. It too, will pass." (my phobia is more toward other people, but I also fear getting a SV myself too)

I try to talk myself down. It helps for a while, but the thoughts always creep back in. I feel like I am seriously becoming obsessed with it. Its been getting gradually worse and worse.. I know how irrational it is, but the ONLY thing I can do is talk myself down.. What do you do?

Default Re: What are you coping methods?

hey thanks for the "Its not the end of the world. So what if someone gets sick, it will pass. So what if I get sick. It too, will pass."

that will help me, but i dont really have anything to help you
    i need some coping methods too because the only thing i can to is just to battle it.

sometimes what helps me is trying to eat something small, if you ca get something down you just might have been hungry, not sick

Default Re: What are you coping methods?

I also try to eat something, even if its just a dry biscuit. I always think if I can stomach eating then Im ok. I also tell myself that I often feel n* so this is just another episode and I will be fine. When its really bad I tend to pace around the house a lot. I find I cant lay down cos Im to tense and agitated. Good on you for being able to tell yourself that its not the end of the world if you v* - but I can never actually admit to myself that I might!!