Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New - and feeling awful

Hi everyone! It's so nice to find a group of people that have the same fear! My husband is actually very understanding of my fear, but it's not the same as someone else that knows firsthand.

Unfortunately, my first post is also a freak out. I'm feeling really awful today and afraid I might actually be sick. Today is the first day of "that time of the month" so I always feel yucky, but today it seems really bad. TMI - I can't really tell what I'm feeling - if it's cramps, or if I need to go #2, or if it's nausea. I actually took a zofran about 2 hours ago, but I still feel bad and now my intestines are sounding like they are liquifying everything yet nothing wants to come out. That always freaks me out and makes me think stomach virus.

The other thing is that I had surgery a week ago. I asked the doctor to load me up with anti-emetics, and I never did feel nauseous. I stopped my pain meds (percocet) along with phenergan to prevent nausea on Sunday, and haven't had any problems with those. I took some Midol today to prevent cramps, but I've never had a problem with that before either.

I really hate this. I don't know if I'm sick, if it's my period, or if maybe I'm having a delayed reaction to the surgery/pain meds I took a week ago? I was trying to watch a movie and distract myself, but I couldn't concentrate. I came onto my computer and found this site and I'm hoping maybe someone has some insight as to what might be wrong with me. If nothing else, it's nice to finally be able to talk to others who have the same fear!

Default Re: New - and feeling awful

Hey there, welcome to the forums

I hope you're feeling a bit better by now. The stomach cramping and feeling unwell could be from anxiety about not feeling well. That time of the month really does mess with your body. Trying to distract yourself is the best thing you can do for yourself, just try and relax, as silly as that advice is.

I really hope you're feeling better xx