Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Upset :(

Thumbs down Upset :(

Hello,

i've had an awful day today, i got given some gastro-resistant tablets to help with the tight feeling in my tummy and its knocked me for 2 , i had side effects of nausea and it was really severe and i had d* too well i took some immodium for the d* but still had the pains, and to make it worse at college today i lost my Anti Bacterial Rub.... and i was frantic, so i went straight to the shop and brought some more. and today a girl from college said why do you always use that stuff , you have germs on your face, your feet, your legs, you cant exactly get undressed and rub it on yourself. and this made me nearly cry. it hurt me. if only she understood

Default Re: Upset :(

I am so sorry that girl said that to you! Something happened to me recently where I was going out to eat and my roommates brother (Who is also my roommate) said, "You know eating at [such and such] place made me sick once." And it pissed me the hell off because he KNOWS I'm a severe emet. I really just wanted to strangle him for that! Why are people so damn insensitive? He tells me stuff all the time about how I could vomit and how chances are more likely that I will now that I live with him and his brother. I'm not really friends with him, just his brother but he is a severe agoraphobic and I never make fun of him or goad him! I can't STAND some people!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

i agree, i guess its cause some people dont understand how bad our emet actually is, they just think its a big joke, when it really isnt.

See when she said that so flippantly, we have germs everywhere. Ok yeah we do. But what she failed to point out to you is we have good germs and bad germs, hehe! Good germs that don't make us ill and do exist and we do have lots of bacteria and stuff everywhere but its fine! its bad bacteria we don't want and hand sanitiser takes care of the bad bacteria. That is what she should have said, hope that eases ur worries and helps u feel better xx

we do have gersm everywhere. unfortunaltey we would die without them. (and im talking about the bad ones as well). we dont put our toes in our mouth though do we? or our elbows, or our knees we dont suck and lick all over our legs. LOL! thats silly she said that. we eat with or hands and put our fingers in our mouth, so threfore we need to clean our hands, more than the rest of our body. its people like that who frustrate me because i believe they spread all the germs. she probably doesnt care about washing her hands that much and is the type of peron who gets sick and spreads it. but anyway, im sorry you had such a lousy day, did you take too many of those tablets? maybe try a different medication or natural alternative.
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Which tablets were they that you took for the tight feeling in your stomach? Were they the proton-pump inhibitors that are prescribed for severe acid indigestion?

That girl was ridiculous to say that! Hand hygiene helps keep us safe because we use our hands to eat with, prepare food with, and such. Of course we have bacteria all over our body but most of it is harmless. Keeping one's hands clean is important for good health. A lot of people really seem to lack an understanding of that.

I knew someone who said to me that handwashing is pointless because bacteria seep out of your skin as soon as you have finished washing them. Which is perhaps true, but you don't get cold, flu, noro etc germs seeping out of your skin - just bacteria that live on the skin and don't do any harm unless you're doing open heart surgery on someone or something!!

This person didn't seem to get that I wasn't trying to be sterile - that's impossible and unhealthy - just hygienic!!

Sorry - went into a bit of a tirade there

the tablets i take are called Omeprazole, i have to take one a day , and to be honest they seem to work unless my ibs plays up, is it true that if you eat a good variety of fruit and veg to build up your immune system and you have good hygiene you can prevent an sv*?

Yeah - omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor. Do you feel it helps? Do you have a very acidic tummy most of the time? I hope I don't sound really nosey but I have heard that the PPI drugs are quite overprescribed and people end up taking them unnecessarily and then they put up with the side-effects that can be unpleasant and they don't really need to. Of course that might be completely different from your situation so I'm not saying that is the case. Yes - good hygiene and a healthy immune system are both great ways of preventing yourself getting an sv*

thank god, cause i wash my hands alot , not overly .. and i eat veggies atleast 3 times a week and i have fruit every day

Well that's a really good thing I should try to follow your example with the fruit and veg - my diet could be a lot healthier! xxx