This has really been bugging me. As some of you know I am a RN. A lot of good it does me because I feel totally dumb. A stomach virus has been going around the assisted living home I work in. The majority of the cases has been diarrhea and the ones that have v*, the have only done so once or twice so not too bad. Well, our home has been quarenteened (sp) and the residents seem to be doing better. We havent let ANYONE out of there rooms since Friday. This virus has been going around for a little over a week and a half. Well my kids have been sick (respiratory, not GI) and I have been out of work with them. I got paid on Friday and did not go get my check until today. My question is...and it is a silly one, but my phobia is really getting the best of me...

I walked into the administrative offices to get my check. Residents are aloud down there but not many have come down to the offices since all activities and everything have been postponed because of this outbreak[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] All I did was walk in and get my check but check this out. The checks were locked up on one of medication carts and med aide came down to give it to me. Now I am scared the envelope was contaminated. My mind is not thinking clearly. What is the probability of me getting this sh**? I would say I would not get it but if they are not washing there hands good then I could? I know my thinking is crazy...could some of you please let me know what you think. I used hand sanitizer when I got in my truck...I keep it in my purse and truck[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Please make me feel better or put some sense into my head[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]