Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: Soap Operas

I just wanted to see if anyone here watches soap operas and which one or ones, do you watch? I watch All My Children. I grew up watching this soap. My grandmother had watched it since it first aired. My children know that at 1pm, I am to not be interupted for the next hour, LOL!!!!

Okay, that's funny. My family used to be addicted to that show, too. I think my grandma watched it from the beginning, too. Then, my aunt and my sister got into it. I used to watch it to be cool like them, but I was too little to really get it. But, here is the weird part! The second to last time I got sick (Dec 27, 1983, but who's counting? ), I was watching that show right before!! So, it still kinda freaks me out! But, as I got into high school and college, I was addicted to Days of Our Lives. Now I hardly ever watch any TV, especially soaps...

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I watch General Hospital and I have watched it on and off since I was in 4th grade (when Frisco and Felicia got married).

My grandma watched soaps when she was alive, and they had a satellite dish and got a channel out of Canada that aired them a day earlier than in the US, commercial free. I spent alot of time over there and got addicted to Young and the Restless, watched it in the summers in high school and all during college when I could. I've since lost track, and now I flip over there if I'm home and it's all different! Now, the job I have, there is a group of women I eat lunch with that watch Days every day at noon and we eat our lunch and gab over the soap, so I've been into Days for the last 4 years. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life, but it makes us laugh atits sheer stupidity. Sometimes I can feel myself losing IQ points during that 1/2 hour we watch.....[img]smileys/smilies_31.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

im addicted to days as well, Ive been watching since marlena was posessed. I loved it. its cheesy, yes, but its fun.

but if belle tells shawn she cant tell phillip she loves shawn one more time Im going to shoot belle. I love her but sometimes she drives me crazy.

someone told me i looked like the old belle ( kristen storms) Im petiete like her, same body type, blonde hair, dont mind hearing that one bit. I wish shed come back!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

2jo2, thats so neat about the soaps coming on a day earlier in Canada. When I was working, the only station we could get in our break room was CBS, so for a few years I watched Young and the Restless, and Bold and the Beautiful. Still, All My Children is my favorite. I almost feel like I know those people, LOL!!!!

I know what you guys mean about the story lines, sometimes they are just so ridiculous, but they manage to keep us watching!!

LOL Babydoll, my sister and I have been watching Days since Marlena was
    possessed, too! And we're still addicted and REALLY wish the old
    Belle would come back. I will always love Days no matter how
    stupid it can be sometimes.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

Oh, I love watching All My Children when I can. When I was in college, I would get home from classes just in time to watch it. Then i would go to work right after that. Now I have a full time job , and havn't been able to watch it since, say, June. I've been watching that soap with my mom ever since i was like, 5 or something. I love it. I really miss Haley and Mateo though. Anyways, theres message boards and sites that tell you what will happen next week, or what has been happening, actually I was just reading some message boards today, lol, people have avatars of the all my children cast, like they are obsessed or something. Its funny.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used to watch Another World religiously, and general hospital and all my chilren on and off.....now that AW is gone, I watch GH religiously!!!!

I can remember my Aunt watching All My Children. Whenit was on she was in her room and no one could disturb her.She is in her60's and still watches it! My sister got me hooked on Days of our Lives, but Itake a break from it, come back to it and I really haven't missed much.I can't believe how many times that Erica has been married!!!