Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Need help!

Unhappy Need help!

I try to avoid places where people are sick as much as possible. Especially doctors. Well I had my stepson for the night and he has a really bad ingrown toenail, his dad told me to take him to the doctor while I had him. We have kaiser so I couldn't call a foot doctor. They got me in last night at 6:30. Usually their evening appointments aren't so bad. I was wrong. We got called back and they were taking his blood pressure and all that fun stuff. Well a nurse comes by and says that boy us v* everywhere. So I freak out immediately and try to hurry in the room. I ask the doctor if he was contagious cuz I'm really freaked out and he just calmly says well it's going around. I told my kids don't put your hands near your mouth or nose until we can wash them. But I'm scared of the air particles, and just being scared that the person in that room before us could have had it. I'm terrified that we were exposed to it. Can you catch it from another room? I feel so sick today from stressing over this. My kids don't care they don't have any fear. But I'm alone with them and have nobody to help me care for them if they do become ill. I need some guidance. I even told my kids to leave their shoes outside.

Default Re: Need help!

as long as you all washed your hands and kept them away from your face you should be fine.........sv is not airborne.....

try and relax......the anxiety will only make you feel worse
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'd had to have touched something that boy touched, if that wasn't the first time he threw up. I'm sure you and your kids will be fine, you actually have to ingest the virus to catch it. Keep up the hand hygiene (wash them before you eat and after you use the bathroom, and when you get home from being out) and you'll be absolutely fine

If you had been in the room while he v-ed, there would have been a chance of you catching it; but you were in another room, so you should be perfectly fine! As long as you guys washed your hands after getting home, there's no need to worry. You'll be okay!

Ok it's been 72 hrs since I was there. I'm still paranoid. This sucks. Today I didn't eat until about 3pm did a lot outside and it's been hot. I don't feel hungry and my head hurts a little. I wish I didn't have this fear. It consumes my entire life. My two sons came down with colds so it doesn't make me feel any better about that boy being sick in that room. I tried to talk to my husband to reassre me that I'm okay and he just tells me. You probably are sick. But you don't have any symptoms of someone who is sick. So that was insensitive yet nice. I know my paranoia makes me feel worse. Thank you for your replies. It's nice to have someone who understands.

Youre totally in the clear, they say noro symptoms start 24-48 hours after being infected, ive found its usually between 24 and 36, your kids have colds but could have picked those up anywhere, you feel sick and headachy from not eating and anxiety makes your appetite disappear completely. You and the kids are clear so relax and enjoy the sunshine, wish we had some here in England!

The incubation period is between 12 and 72 hours. You're in the clear for sure!